• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Pop up blind seat???

Started by Frogman, September 27, 2013, 09:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I just got a new pop up blind.  Tried it out behind the house this afternoon and took one of those canvas directors type chairs that come folded up in a bag to sit on.  The ground was uneven where I set up the blind.  I was trying to take a picture of a ground hog when that chair tipped over downhill.  I fell sideways against the side of the blind and was literally trapped in the chair as it folded up with me in it.  I had to be careful not to damage the flimsy blind.  Had a heck of a time getting up.  I'm not as agile as I once was?  Scared all the wildlife within several hundred yards.  If I would have had the video camera on you guys would still be laughing!!

What do you guys sit in or on when in a pop up blind??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

LMAO!!!  Ohhh man I would paid to see that!! :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Dave

Would've loved seeing that too. 
I's use the same thing - a directors/sports foldable chair that packs into a sock with the sling for easy carry.  Try the ones without the connibear jaws, though - easier to get out of!  :alscalls:

Hawks Feather

A Lazy-Boy recliner works pretty well.  Heavy enough to keep from falling over and the plus is the blind will be there after a strong wind.

Jerry

KySongDog

Jim

If setting up on a slope is causing you to tip over, try setting up on flat ground.   :doh2:

What ever you do, avoid the conibear chairs at all costs.   :eyebrownod:

Okanagan

I have the problem of sitting on sloping ground on many calling stands, so when I ran across a three legged stool with telescoping legs I bought one.  Extend one leg longer on a slope.

Ameristool

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Ameristep-Swivel-Tripod-Chair/1619007.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D40%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dstool%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dstool%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D19%26y%3D8&Ntt=stool&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Cabela's also has a Bull Stool in three and four legs that adjust length. 

Another route to go is a one legged stool but it will fall over when you stand up so you have to remember to grab it if you want to stay quiet, but it fits on any slope.  I have a telescoping leg for my latest version but haven't finished making it.

With the legs all the same length on level ground, the telescoping legs allow you to raise and lower the seat to position your eyes at the right height to barely see over cover and hide better.

HaMeR

Double Bull makes a very nice 3 legged chair which is a must for the outdoors. As you already know why.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:   :laf: :laf:

Glad you didn't get hurt tho. And those snapping chairs aren't any fun are they??  :nono: :nono:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Correction:  extend two legs longer on the downslope, for strength, and one short one on the uphill side.

coyote101

Quote from: Semp on September 28, 2013, 12:16:42 PM
Jim

If setting up on a slope is causing you to tip over, try setting up on flat ground.   :doh2:

He lives in West by-God Virginia Semp. There is no flat ground.  :laf: I'm surprise you can even by a four legged chair there.  :nono:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

I've been busy the last couple of days.  Thanks Pat for pointing out our WV terrain handicaps.  Thanks also for all the good suggestions.  The tumble wasn't much fun at the time but I soon realized that that it really was a funny situation.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Coulter

QuoteWhat do you guys sit in or on when in a pop up blind??

The ground always seems to be a safe bet...Oh wait, I don't use pop up blinds. Never wanted to carry one around with me :wo: Perhaps that's why I sit on the ground too...never wanted to carry a directors chair around either.

Go get somebody with a video camera and show us all a reenactment....pleeeeeaaaase! That would be better than Duck Dynasty!

FOsteology

Frogman, don't feel bad..... it's happened to me too!  :alscalls: