• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Red Terror Down!

Started by nastygunz, December 13, 2015, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Boys out squirreling at the camp in VT,

Hawks Feather

The world is safer now.  I think that is the reason for the climate change that obama keeps talking about.

Jerry

coyote101

Nice shot.  :highclap: You know I love squirrel hunting.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Carolina Coyote

Nice shot Nasty, as a boy squirrel hunting was my favorite pastime and for sure is a fun thing to do.

Dale

when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nastygunz

Yessir pellet gun.  The camp is where I grew up chasing those red squirrels, it is about 95% softwoods all through there,very little in the way of hardwoods so we never had any gray squirrels just those red ones.  There is no closed season on the red squirrels in New Hampshire or Vermont so you can hunt them year-round.  I  started out hunting them as a child with my red Ryder carbine BB gun, now I have as much fun watching the kids get after them but I still enjoy popping one now and then especially when they're sitting 10 feet away chattering at the top of their lungs while you're on your deer or turkeys stand.  I usually take my Crossman pellet pistol with me to handle the ones when I am deer or turkey hunting.  When I got my drivers license and ventured down into the flatlands alongside the Connecticut River I started hunting the gray squirrel which to me was like hunting a trophy elk or Bullmoose at the time. Still about my favorite thing to hunt out of everything.

slagmaker

A friend of mine has a felony so he can't own or use a firearm. So he has a pellet rifle for squirrels and rabbits. After seeing how well he does during season makes me think about going that route.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

I use a .22 caliber Benjamin discovery air rifle, that is about my favorite squirrel gun.  With 22lr ammo being scarce and expensive now I can shoot my pellet rifle all day long and not dent my supply of pellets or my wallet.

HuntnCarve

Walmart has the Benjamin Discovery in .177 for sale online for $179.53  (about $90 cheaper than I've ever seen them).  So I figured "what the heck" and ordered one.  I have all the pumps and tanks to fill it.  Be curious to see if it shoots as good as they say.

Dave

nastygunz

I paid $350 for mine and the pump when they first came out and I've had it for quite a few years now I had zero problems with it. If you don't love yours I will be greatly surprised!

FinsnFur

Kudos to the lad! :highclap:

Do you have those squirrels over there on a diet or what? They're like chipmunks :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

The Reds are about one third the size of a gray squirrel.  However they are very aggressive and will chase and beat the hell out of the gray squirrels.  If you use an old 5 gallon fish tank a stick some fishing line and a handful of cracked corn to catch one do not reach up under the fish tank and grab the squirrels don't ask me how I know this  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin: :doh2:

Dave

Haha.  Guess you read it on the internet.  :readthis: