• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New Residents

Started by JohnP, June 10, 2017, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Marge has this decorative shelf on the back patio with this little birdhouse Mandy's boys bought her. 

Sitting out there this morning having a cup of coffee and noticed we have a tenent.  Kind of suprised us as it is near the door and we are constantly in and out.  Doesn't seem to bother her to much.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I lil wren?
She must have liked something about the neighborhood :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:   She looks proud to have found it 1st!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

We had a Robin nest on top of our back door porch light 2 years in a row. She didn't seem to have a care either.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

That's cool as [L] John.  Funny how the little birds have become more important in my life as I grow older.  Wife found a woodpecker nest in one of the trees while mowing the lawn.  I've moved a lawn chair over there to just watch from. :confused:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

I haven't see a wren in many years.  My grandfather put plugs in the ends of the pipes for the clothesline and they nested there.  Good memories.

Jerry

JohnP

She/He is a Benwick's Wren, the males and females are the same in coloring and size so I'm not sure which is which.They are insect and seed eaters but insects comprise 90% of their diet.  Hope she becomes a permanent resident. 

Quote from: pitw on June 11, 2017, 11:22:33 AM
That's cool as [L] John.  Funny how the little birds have become more important in my life as I grow older.
Same here, I spent a good deal of my life surrounded by violent death and destruction and now can appreciate more of what life has to offer. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs