• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Game Dinner in Wyoming

Started by Okanagan, March 07, 2018, 07:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A game dinner event in Wyoming asked me to speak and it turned out to be fun.  I'd never done that but am old enough to have some stories.  It was hosted by a church that took about 30 miles of driving gravel roads to reach.  I talked about close encounters with bears and close encounters with the Lord.  A wise man avoids one of those and seeks the other. 

The crowd was a bunch of well-booted ranchers, cowboys, truck drivers, outfitters and guides, and nearly everybody present had worn several of those hats at one time or another.  There were quite a few boys and teenagers, fine youngsters, way more mature and able to talk with a man than my experience with urban kids.

I stayed a few days to visit friends, feed cattle etc. and saw hundreds of mule deer, antelope, at least 100 whitetails, flocks of turkeys, a couple of foxes and vast open land and timbered ridges.  Several large mule deer bucks still had antlers.  One afternoon we stopped by the big grain storage barn and ran half a dozen mule deer out before we slid the big hangar sized doors shut. 

pitw

That sounded like a gathering of good people.
I get a kick outta the shed hunters out hunting antlers and then I see a herd of Muley's still packing. :alscalls:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Sounds like an event that I also would have enjoyed and that just maybe some urban/city "boys" should attend.  Good on you for being a speaker at such an event. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a great time and that they picked a speaker that could not only talk the talk, but walk the walk.

Jerry