• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Kinda out there but what about static thrust?

Started by Coyotes-R-Us, April 02, 2018, 08:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyotes-R-Us

Been trying to find some Information that make sense to me.
As close as I can find My little bug motor in the mini air boat I'm building, with a 59" three blade prop and 12* pitch blocks at 3000 rpm delivering around 50 hp. to the prop make 200 to 250 pounds of thrust.

OK SO what the heck does that mean?

Is that a lot or is that so small it would make a good hair dryer?

The calculations and calculators are very abstract to me and tell me nothing this simple Montana head can understand.
About half the calculators refer to water props and SOME flat out tell me that a 55 pound thrust trolling motor is around 3 hp. I can understand that. But air is way different I know. :readthis:

Can any one help? :confused:

My head hurts.
old is the new young

Okanagan

If nobody here pipes up with knowledge, maybe get in touch with Florida Everglades air boat operators/builders? 

I'd sure like to hunt moose on the Dease River with that thing. 

5 SHOTS

I don't know what I am talking about, but I bet someone in the aircraft industry could explain that to you.  :shrug:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

centerfire_223

I don't know about your numbers you posted but when we built bowfishing boats with fans on them. We used a 24hp Honda engine with a 60" 3 blade prop. It would push a jon boat on water about 5 mph. It would push over floating grass like it was nothing but if it touched the bottom you were stuck. I don't know if your wanting your airboat to run on dry land or not. If so that takes a lot of air movement, plus some Teflon on the bottom of the boat to reduce friction.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Coyotes-R-Us

It has Teflon paint and 3 strips of HDPE on the bottom of each "Cat".
On hard surface like gravel Ice/ snow, it slides nice, Mud may be a problem. :huh:
old is the new young