• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How often do you hunt an area?

Started by Bob D, August 28, 2006, 09:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrbhunter

Quote from: sleddogg on September 11, 2006, 07:04:31 AM
Like I said, lots of space between dogs in the East :wink:

That sounds more like an excuse than a study, while ranges are very different in the East than the West so are the family structures and dispersal patterns.  Inclusion of areas that have nearly non-existant coyote populations will throw a study pretty quickly... where there ARE coyotes, their density is determined by environmental factors.  Understanding those factors and scouting out the variables is often the difference in 10 and 100 coyote seasons.

THO Game Calls

The key, is weather you HUNT an area, or just CALL an area.  There is a difference. 

Some guys start calling an area when they get to thier stand.

Smart ones start HUNTING an area before they even leave their turck.

You can hunt an area more times than you can call it.  If you get my drift.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Jerry Hunsley

Quote from: Rich Higgins on September 02, 2006, 10:39:27 AM
There are some areas that I will call  almost every weekend for months at a time. As long as they produce, I call.
I hear you brother. I have called 10 coyotes out of one area already this year in about a two mile area. I left some for seed and I not afraid to go back there again before too long. As long as I still get responses I keep coming back.  Kinda like I posted earlier. More coyotes will move in. It's about time for them to start dispersing and I have seen that already.