• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Broke in the little Browning...

Started by Arkyyoter, October 07, 2006, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Jim and I went out this morning....finally cooling off a little....47 F......felt good. The weather said the winds would be light and variable....we went to an old standby stand that always produces....We got set up, I sat on the left, facing northerly, watching the westerly side...Jim set up watching easterly....winds were decent.....I started in with another prototype call....the stinking wind got up to gusting about 25 from the east!!! Just about the time it got up, two coyotes appear about 275 yards out to the west.....they are on a pond bank, very interested....the stiff winds gave us away :( I started to take the shot at about 275 yards, but at the time I thought they were going to work......when the wind gusts came, we never saw them again :(

This is my view to the west where the double came from...

This is my view to the north...

Here is Jim and his view to the east...tree line is 600-800 yards.

On the second stand, we set up and I started in again with the little proto call....about 10 minutes in, I see a pretty little grey running straight at me...i first see it abourt 125 yards out....it never made a bobble....straight on......i waited till he got about 60 yards out and centered the crosshars on his chest and squeezed....tghe little Browing acted like he knew what he was doing....little feller took a 75 Vmax and was DRT...

That was about all we had time for....the wind was unbelievable!! We tried another quickie, but the wind beat us.....

Joe

bearmanric

nice going Arky. i need to get out. it's time now .i want a grey  nice color's. good going. Rick

slagmaker

wish I could see hte picks on the computer at work :madd: But from teh description it sound slike you had a blast
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

CCP

Good job Arkyyoter :highclap: Keep them comin, I enjoy reading your post and Pics.

I didnt know AK had hills :eyebrownod:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys....hope to have more soon  :eyebrow: ;)  :biggrin: :highclap:

Todd Rahm

Perty lil' fox Joe.  :congrats: I'm a thunk'n I couldn't hit anything that small.  :wo: