• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

1st COYOTE (pic)

Started by paint, November 25, 2006, 02:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paint

Hello, as you may notice I'm the lucky guy doing the shooting in the CCP fox clip. Before spending the last few weeks or so with CCP I had countless set-ups with zero success. I had watched several DVD's of western hunting and tried the same hunting style where I live in the southeast. I had nearly every gadget and call I could find and still no success. That all changed a few days ago. I've been lucky enough to spend many hours and to ask probably hundreds of questions to CCP. After spending this time with him I was able to see what I was doing wrong and thought I was ready to try it on my own. It only took two set-ups to see how good of a teacher CCP was. I talked my father into going with me and in about two minutes into the second stand we had our first coyote. This large female busted out of a thicket locked onto my whirling woodpecker decoy into about 20yards where our shot guns sealed the deal around thirty minutes before dark. I went straight to a ki-yi and was challenged by another coyote about 100yards away in the thicket and went backand forth to around dark when we decided to call it and find our coyote, which had only made just inside the thicket around 75yards away. Me and my dad will never forget this hunt and I have to thank CCP for all the help and advice here lately. I just hope the filming we've been doing together lately of him helping me will be able to help other beginners tring to learn this complex sport. Oh yeah, I got a peek at some of CCP's other hunting footage and its unreal!!!   

studabaka

Well Dog[not]gone.....That is one nice coyote! And to get your first with your dad. And ..... that's just plain fantastic.

:highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :congrats: :yoyo:

I can relate to this. I'm still working on that first one...... and I've made quite a few stands[x hrs]....... and I've aquired quite a few gadgets [y $]....... and I've watched a few DVD's[z $]....... To get hands on experience with a pro [PRICELESS!!!]

Congrats Paint!!!!!!    Way to go CCP!!!!!  If this ain't at the core of 'what it's all about', then I don't know what is.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

THO Game Calls

Woo Hooo!!!!!   Way to go.  I can tell you, there are guys who would give a lot of money to learn to hunt coyotes with a masters lile CCP.  You are one lucky man.  Or maybe now you are cursed because you GOT THE FEVER!!!

Congrats

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Arkyyoter

Great job.....and with your Dad to boot....that's just too cool.  Like Al said......you are hooked now for sure!!

Joe

Bob D

Congrats Paint, that is a good looking coyote. Pretty large one also. It's a good feeling when all your preparations come together and you have success. Having your Dad there really makes this one special. Hope you have many more of these kind of hunting days! :highclap:
Bob

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

:congrats: Congrats and who better to have with ya when ya get the first.

Hawks Feather

Great job.  Learn from a good teacher and then become the teacher to your dad.

Way to go,

Jerry

Jeb

Congrats Paint !!!!!! :yoyo: :yoyo:  Cheers to CCP also ! :congrats:
               Jeb

Bopeye

Quote from: THO Game Calls on November 25, 2006, 05:09:45 AM
I can tell you, there are guys who would give a lot of money to learn to hunt coyotes with a masters lile CCP. 

I ain't even gonna touch that one....... :nono:

It is a blessing to have a mentor in coyote hunting..........that's a fact.  :wink:
I'm very thankful I came across Coyotehunter_1 five, six, seven or whatever it was years ago.........it sure makes the learning process alot less painful or time consuming.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Paint  :wink:
Dang nice looking coy your hanging there.  :congrats: Like these guys said, your Christened now, hold on and enjoy the ride.

So how'd Dad like the whole ordeal? Did you create another addictee, like CCP did  :wink:

By the way, I realize this was your first post and all...but we try not to stroke CCP's ego that vigorously, especially in a single post. The consequences can be overwhelming.  :wink: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

fuzz624

Congrats Paint.Welcome to the addiction of predator hunting.It is great you got to share the experience with your dad.

CCP looks like you done good man.If you keep it up you will have to get you a dew rag and a cool pair of shades :laf:

slagmaker

congrats and welcome to the board.

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

sleddogg

Paint - First of all congrats!! Stick close to "Uncle Rich", as you will learn fast.

CCP is one of the few fellas that acknowledges the different lifestyles and habits of Eastern and Western dogs.

Different tactics help in the East. I know as I've hunted East and West.

Not neccisarily harder in the East, just "different". Field hunters need not apply here :eyebrownod:

CCP

Paint, I think it is so cool you got your first coyote with your dad. That is something you and he will always remember. I enjoyed hearing you and him tell the story today I could tell he was excited.

Guy's    I can assure you Paint has the fever bad he will be doing this from now on. :yoyo:

After reading the post my head swelled so big my new dew rag wouldn't fit on my head. AL I have been called  Master before but it never pertained to coyotes :roflmao: Paint already had it going on, just needed someone to assure  him of it and get him in the woods and out of the fields.

I  was trying to build myself up in front of paint because he has such good huntin land. Now that he realizes he can do it on his on he wont invite me no more. :biggrin:

Paint you keep on killing them coyotes and next time remind me to jump in and get my pic with you and the animals you kill. :madd:

Good job Congrads :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyotehunter_1

Paint,
Welcome to FnF…
and… :congrats: on your first coyote! :congrats: Well done! 

CCP?  Any friend of his……. has my condolences!  :wink:  :laf:

Seriously, he's one of the good guys... :biggrin:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

paint

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 25, 2006, 10:52:10 AM

So how'd Dad like the whole ordeal? Did you create another addictee, like CCP did 
My dad was as excited as I was and is ready to go again.The bad thing was
it was only his second set-up ever and he said "I thought this was hard" :laf:
I'm pretty sure he was joking, because he knew I had scouted the place and had been waiting a few days for the wind to be right. Anyway, thanks everyone for all the kind words and I'm really enjoying this site.

dean

cool story and pic! congrats!

R Buker

Great job.  Great story.  You'll remember that one a long time!