• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Messing around with a sound program

Started by slagmaker, December 15, 2009, 08:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

I was messing around with a sound program and after doign a little mixing and such I cam up with this. Thought I would share it up and see what people thought.

It is mainly an Angry cat a dog and some kittens all mixxed together to sound like something. I think it came out ok. let me know what you think.

Oh so you know there is a silent spot in the middle of the track. it is in MP3 format so any e caller shoudl be able to play it.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

slagmaker

OH I guess I should mention that this is made from 4 seperate sound files. Tried to get that mama cat-dog fight thing going on. it brings them in when there fighting for real so I thought ltes make one up.

FinsnFur

Sounds good to me. I'm getting a little bit of speaker crackle on my end from it though.

I have $200 speaker system on here with a subwoofer and use it as a stereo system with Winamp.
Not to brag but I can make ripples in the toilet water two rooms away when it's cranked up and still crystal clear. Just letting you know what it's capable of and that I dont think the crackle is from the speakers.

Taking your sound clip apart here it's telling me you used a bit rate of 128kbps, maybe jump it to 192, or 256.
You also used 44000khz sampling. Maybe jump that to 96000 and see if it clears it up.

But the sound itself surely sounds like it's got some lure to it. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 15, 2009, 09:58:36 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm getting a little bit of speaker crackle on my end from it though.

I have $200 speaker system on here with a subwoofer and use it as a stereo system with Winamp.
Not to brag but I can make ripples in the toilet water two rooms away when it's cranked up and still crystal clear. Just letting you know what it's capable of and that I dont think the crackle is from the speakers.

Taking your sound clip apart here it's telling me you used a bit rate of 128kbps, maybe jump it to 192, or 256.
You also used 44000khz sampling. Maybe jump that to 96000 and see if it clears it up.

That ^^^^  and the status bar is at the bottom of the page :loco:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Quote from: pitw on December 15, 2009, 10:35:56 PM
Quote from: FinsnFur on December 15, 2009, 09:58:36 PM

:confused:   I'm not bragging either but,,  :nono:   :laf:    anyhow,, I just have the two tiny little speakers on my monitor & can't hear anything other than the call sounds. Which I like. So I'm wondering if maybe on the FX3 with low or medium volume the crackling wouldn't be there. I'll program it in tomorrow if you don't mind slag.  :biggrin:

That ^^^^  and the status bar is at the bottom of the page :loco:.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :yahoo: :yahoo: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:    Now THAT is some funny shiite right there!!

I screwed up my post so I hi-lited my thoughts in the RED:eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

the clips I have to work with arnt much. So the speaker hiss/pop is from the original source.  If I can get better quality I can have some real fun. Doing some recording with that new howler and broke my mic. Soon as I get a new one its back to annoying the neighbors.

I have to take my cat to the vet in a few days and I am hoping he is very vocal about being in the cage. If he is I can record it at studio quality or there near abouts.

I am just playing around right now anyway. boredom sets in so easy sometimes.

FinsnFur

I use Goldwave to do stuff like that.
I could pull any background, or pop and hiss noise from something if you wanted me to Slag.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

I use goldwave, audacity and a few others. When I get a good buzz going again tonight I will see if I can get the pop and hiss out of it and try again. I am not so worried about he pop and hiss as I am getting everything to sound like it should be together. I put it on my FX5 and it sounds like any other sound on there iincluding the FXP files that came with the unit. I know the sounds get my neighbors cats all worked up. Now if I can get the local varmints all worked up I will be happy.

Boredom is a terrable thing.

slagmaker

If any one actually puts fur on the ground with this let us know. I have a few other sound bites that I can play with and make other calling sequences. I have a file of some geese that are being harrassed by a dog backed up somewhere. It need's cleaned up a bit but it should be an efective calling sound.

Variety is the spice of life and calling fur. Fur will even get used to an open reed if ya keep doing the same thing over and over.

Silencer

It brought my lab in from the kitchen not once, but twice  :yoyo:

slagmaker

That is a good thing :biggrin:, a very good thing :biggrin:  :yoyo:, me thinks! :eyebrow:

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :eyebrownod:

I got a place where the owner complains he keeps loosing cats....I will try this there and see what happens..... :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

slagmaker

alscalls

AL

slagmaker

By the way Al I got that. got up to late to try it this morning. I will try to get out this evening but my Dad is comming up and I will most likley spend time with him.

alscalls

No hurry.....I just wanted ya to have it. :wink:
AL