I think that guy redefines "motivated".

Brad

Ladobe

Sure glad I didn't have to process all those pelts.    :readthis:
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Bob D

FinsnFur

I cant figure out why these guys wait till the last minute to sell like that. That just doesnt make sense to me.

You risk the chance of losing out on prime time markets, AND what fur dealer in their right mind wants to dig through ALL that at one time while other sellers pile up in line?......even if he ships the whole load to NAFA.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Bopeye,

Looks like you, I mean he, had a pretty good year.  Now if I really knew how to use some of the photo programs I might be able to make my few coon look like that.   :laf:  I am not saying that this guy did, only that I would need it to make mine look like that picture.

Jerry

bigben

that is true.  each year he gets a bunch of fox.  and I believe that is only in the period of two months.  not sure though.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

here is what he posted in another post on a pa trapping board

1202 fox caught in 90 days
1200 caught in 89 days
1185 fox in picture
11 fox threw away for mange
6 fox threw away dog ripped
9247 traps check in 90 days
13 fox average a day for 90 days
683 males
519 females
24 days with 20 or more fox a day
Best day 34 fox-135 traps
mabe best day 30 fox-90 traps
worst day 0 fox 48 traps,only 0 day this year
skinned 964 fox myself
streched,and dried 888 fox myself
best 8 strait day catch 210 fox-1178 traps checked
Best 7 strait day fox catch 187 fox-1043 traps checked.
Also caught:
16 mink
50 muskrats
58 possum
68 coon
21 skunk
2 coyote.

Thanks to all those that made it here,and made this picture possible

here is the link but I do not think you can view it unless you register on the site
http://pafurtakers.com/viewtopic.php?t=1664&start=0
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

All that & I bet his woman doesn't have a fur coat!  :rolleye:
"A cobblers kids go bare foot" :readthis:

bigben

he had to cover his house with fox to keep it insulated this winter.

Carolina Coyote

WOW. I thought that our Hunt club did good by catching 17 fox this past year. :confused:

vvarmitr

Quote from: bigben on April 19, 2007, 05:07:40 AM
he had to cover his house with fox to keep it insulated this winter.

WOW! I won't have believed it if I hadn't seen that pix. :shck:
:hahaha: Ben you clown. :laf: :laf:

KySongDog

Wow! Unbelievable!    :congrats:   That's a lot of fox and a whole lot of work too!  No thank you.   :nofgr:

bigben

it is amazing what has came out of this guy catching this many critters.  they are haveing a auction for the pennsylvania trappers you get to meet the man with a photo op and get a cartoon of him a trap that has not been cleaned yet and a autographed pic of the 1202 fox  this is also a world record by the way  right now the bid is up to 350 dollars

[/quote]

FinsnFur

Can you imagine the trap manufactures that are sucking up to him for some exposure
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

^^^^^If they're smart trap manufacturers. :eyebrow:  :eyebrownod:

bigben

I do not think it would help he uses 1.75 dukes exclusivly I believe  mainly because they are cheap and a couple mods mailnly the chain and the dog and pan adjustments it is a good trap.

ohiobob

That is impressive !!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???