• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Spring turkey season in Kentucky

Started by coyote101, April 19, 2022, 02:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

honestly longbeard XR is just as good if you don't mind the thump of a 3" 12ga.  the tss doesn't shine till you get into the small guns.  for a .410 to shoot the same groups as my 12ga is impressive and the TSS weight is equally impressive.  There is a major push that is happening to not allow TSS in big bore shotguns because it is taking the sport out of spring turkey hunting with kills out to 100yds.  its not entirely safe either for accidents involving wrong identification.  we'll see. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

I use longbeard, and shot a lot of turkeys before all these fancy expensive shells came out with a good old two and three-quarter inch high brass number #6 12 gauge shell, And I am confident I could do so again :yoyo:

KySongDog

Where TSS also shines is coyote hunting.  #2 shot can take them down a long ways out. Here is a website with some good info.

http://coyotestuff.com/tss-shot-for-coyotes-the-secret-sauce/

bigben

Quote from: KySongDog on April 26, 2022, 08:35:44 PM
Where TSS also shines is coyote hunting.  #2 shot can take them down a long ways out. Here is a website with some good info.

http://coyotestuff.com/tss-shot-for-coyotes-the-secret-sauce/

I think the first time I ever seen it was from jason grossclose and the boys from MFK.  they were killing coyotes with I believe #2 or #4.  prob patterns a lot better then T shot or #4 buck as well. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

I think they still do don't they?  Honestly I haven't done any predator hunting in a couple years now.  I typically buy my license to go bobcat hunting if the weather is decent but the past couple years it has been pretty bad.  so I haven't really been watching any of their videos on youtube. 

nastygunz

Yes I believe they still are filming and hunting.