• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ruthlessly posting to raise post counts

Started by FinsnFur, May 23, 2007, 08:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Alright gentlemen....I tried to get this to end by making a few snide comments and turning my head each time it happened. Hoping that everyone would get the drift that's it's not really appreciated.

I'm talking about making numerous posts with no content in them other then a couple letters or a number in attempt to get your post counts up.
For example;

....all in their own post.

That ruins the thread for one because we all have to climb over that garbage when we want to read the real thread. Plus someone has to go back through and clean all that junk out of the thread....like me  :biggrin:
Needless to say, I dont really appreciate that.

I'm not sure what the motive is, but I cant turn my head on more on this.
From this point on...anyone caught posting in such a fashion to raise their post count, will automatically have the number of posts they used up doing that... doubled... and removed from their overall count.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Geeze! What a grouch. :rolleye:

j/k Jimbo. :biggrin:  But if they keep it up you'll feel like you have a real job where ya gotta clean up after other peoples mess, & that just ain't right. :mad3:

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

centerfire_223

OK Jimbo, I think it's clear now, 21. Ooooppps  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

R Buker

Quote from: centerfire_223 on May 24, 2007, 03:53:56 AM
OK Jimbo, I think it's clear now, 21. Ooooppps  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

That's funny right there!! 

:laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Just what exectally is a "ruthless" post? I have seen some flaming posts even a pointless post but dont think I have ever seen a ruthless post.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Right there...yours was a ruthless post.  :yoyo:

There...I owed you that Slag  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

centerfire_223

That was a long time ago, Jim.  :eyebrow:  I am a changed man now and I promise no more ruthless posts.  :biggrin:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

:laf: Let me guess, born again?

Speaking of which,
Thread Hi-jacking in progress

What did you ever decide on the web site?...you never got back to me
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

clousewt

I read a post that said if you make 15 post's in a month you get your name in a hat for a free call. I am trying to win one but not making bad content post's. JMO Tom Clouse

FinsnFur

That means you need 15 posts to your name to be eligible clousetw. You dont have to make 15 posts in a month, you have at least 15 total posts under your belt, at the end of the contest. You have 40.
Basically that was put into place to prevent people from joining the board, making one post in the showcase thread and then leaving.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

centerfire_223

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 22, 2007, 08:47:23 PM
:laf: Let me guess, born again?

Speaking of which,
Thread Hi-jacking in progress

What did you ever decide on the web site?...you never got back to me

Sorry I missed this Jim, I got busy and forgot about it and then the next thing I know is I got a bill where they charged my card for another year. Didn't know if I could get my money back or not. Never really tried.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

clousewt

Sorry for speaking up Jim, that was the way I read it, but I guess I just cant read as good as the rest. You wont have to worry about any more posts from me, just go ahead and lock me out of this board, I dont need to be talked to like I was one of your brothers kids. That contest is exactly why peope are making alot of sensless posts but you know more than I do. Tom

FinsnFur

Wow  :shck:  ...   :confused: I'm not sure which part of that you mis interpreted Tom...but I assure you I wasn't talking to you like a brother kid.

I did the best I could to explain what that phrase from the custom showcase meant, and I can see since your post how it could be easily perceived as needing to make 15 posts per month instead of having 15 posts by the end of the month.

I'm sorry I have offended you. Again all I did was answer your post, and no differently then I would have to anyone else.  :shrug:

By the way the ruthless posts mentioned in this thread here actually started over something that really has nothing to do with the Showcase Thread.
There are forums on this site that members are granted permission to access at different levels, meaning post count levels. A lot of the members know this and for a while were posting nothing but a number as if to display they were on their way to accessing a post based forum.
Such as
post 1
post 2
post 3 etc.

Again I'm sorry to have offended you. It certainly was not my intention.  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Ease up there Tom. Unless I'm missing something I didn't see anything Jim's post to indicate the whole " I don't need to be talked to like I was one of your brothers kids."

Could it be possible your having a bad day and reading more into whats actually said?  :confused:

I'd sure hope so anyway.  :wink: Jim is telling ya exactly why the post was generated and it had nothing to do with any contest.

clousewt

Sorry guys, I read to much into things sometimes and my temper gets the best of me sometimes.

Todd Rahm

No biggy Tom, that's why I asked. We all have done it or do it.  :innocentwhistle: Part of that whole "ya just see the words, and not the emotion and facial expressions with the net" thingy.  :biggrin:

Bopeye

I read the posts last night, but decided I would sleep on it before I answered.

I guess since it's already been taken care of, so I won't say anything .......uh.....much.  :wink:

Tom, my friend, I assure you Jimbo was just clearing things up for you and was not trying to be derogatory in anyway. I've known who Jimbo was for several years now and it's not his style to belittle you, unless he knows you real well.  :wink:

Guys, Tom is coming off of his third back surgery in a year and has been off work and shut up in his house for most of that year. His nerves are darn near shot. Tom's my age and by all appearances should be a specimen of good health. He's about 5'10" and weighs around 170 lbs., but his back is continuously bothering him. Compound that with having six little girls that run around the house and he's on pins and needles all the time.  :eyebrownod:

I'm glad everyone understands a little better.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

studabaka

Wow.... Glad you guys was able to get untangled. I've been lookin forward to hearing about some of Tom's trapline stories this season. Fall can't get here fast enough!
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff