• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ducks

Started by msmith, August 17, 2023, 11:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

I peruse through from time to time but it's been a while since I have contributed. Thought I'd catch up a little.

So my son, Big Dawg, aka Josh, went to school at Harding U in Searcy AR. It's a Christian school where redneck meets sophistication. In the parking lot you see everything from Audis and Lincolns to pickup trucks with shotguns and duck boats and everything in between.

So, living in AR and being an avid outdoorsman, his fishing buddies introduced him to duck hunting and in turn talked his bank book, aka dad, to start going with him. Why not? Heck, I have a dog, shotgun, and have even had a duck boat, that I use for fishing, since 2017.

We don't exactly live in a duck mecca like Arkansauce but we don't have to fight for a place to hunt public either. So here are our first efforts last year and looking forward to this year. I've finally go my boat set up so we can hit the Ohio River some this season.

Here are a few pics of our inaugural season.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Okanagan

Great pics and good times with son.  Can't beat that!

Todd Rahm

Awesome post, thanks for sharing!!! Duck hunting is one endeavor, I haven't tried yet.

pitw

Awesome post. :bowingsmilie:

Hope you keep them coming.
I say what I think not think what I say.

msmith

Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 17, 2023, 06:42:55 PMAwesome post, thanks for sharing!!! Duck hunting is one endeavor, I haven't tried yet.

Don't, just don't. It's a rabbit hole that's deep and expensive.

Seriously though, it's a lot of fun and you get to spend a lot of time with family, friends, and the dog.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the post. Enjoyed looking at every picture.

nastygunz

I used to do a lot of duck and geese hunting. Lotta fun jump shooting and kayak hunting them.