• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bob got another one tonight.

Started by pitw, December 05, 2008, 08:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

My boy Bob got off the bus and went and checked his three snare and one trap line just east of the house.  He came running back in and yelled something like "I GOT ONE AND HE'S GOING TO RUN AWAY".  He took off again and I guess he had come for a gun as he sure didn't wait for my slow butt to catch up.  Half hour later he showed up with this feller with him.  Bob weigh's in at 74 lb and a happier more excited young'un would be hard to find.

I guess he'll have to go to the Feb NAFA sale as I just dropped these off in Edmonton yesterday.

Picked up my daughter's elk hide from last year while I was there.

Dropped off two moose hides and a deer hide for tanning.  This place has been buying fur's forever and only the last couple year's have been a drop off point for NAFA.  They are not buying any fur's or hides this year and the guy that was with me had taken a cow hide to sell but they wouldn't give anything for it.  They also told me I was only the 4th person to drop off ffur's for the upcoming sale and the last recieving date is Monday.  Don't look good on the fur market according to them.  Good thing was they had time to talk this year as they weren't busy.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

That is SOOOOOOOOooo  cool Barry.

He can't even lift the dad gum thing off the ground!!, but by gawd he got her home to show everyone :yoyo: :yoyo:

I just love it. Tell Bob he's an FnF hero! By the way, mind if I steal that pick for the Photo Gallery?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

That is one well furred out coyote.  Congrats to Bob and to you for showing him the right stuff.  :highclap: :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

Bob is sitting behind me as I opened this and read your responces and with chest puffed out so far he can't reach around it to scratch his other arm, he said "put the picture where ever you want".  He's grinning like that damb cat in Alice in Wonderland. :laf:.  He also say's thank's.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

That's as big or bigger than my lab   :yoyo: ,  tell em congrats and keep catching them  :congrats: 

Roundman

Now that's a big dog. Great job Bob...you da man! :yoyo:

vvarmitr

74#!  :shock2:  :sick2:

WTG Bob!  :yahoo:  Love the pix of you trying to heft him up. :laf:   That was just for show, right.  :innocentwhistle:

What's Amanda gonna do w/ the hide? Make some britches?  :wo:

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on December 06, 2008, 06:39:07 AM
74#!  :shock2:  :sick2:

WTG Bob!  :yahoo:  Love the pix of you trying to heft him up. :laf:   That was just for show, right.  :innocentwhistle:

What's Amanda gonna do w/ the hide? Make some britches?  :wo:

The pic of him hefting the coyote was one of my first get it right shot's as he was having a mite of a time getting him off the ground.  I suggested the need of some new mitt's for xmas and that she could use a a new "puppies" holder to keep 'em still {[that got me a smack upside the head from two direction's] at least I'm level headed now} :laf:.

KySongDog

Great pic and story.  Thanks and congrats to Bob!   :highclap:

Hawks Feather

Dang.  Tell him congratulations!  That is one HUGE animal and I can see why he would think it would not last long in a normal snare.  WOW.

Jerry

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Wow!  That kid looks excited.  Makes you feel real good when you work hard at something and it pays off for you.  Way to go Bob, You da man!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

ohiodeer

Great pics and story.Congrats to the young man
BOWHUNTING JUNKY!