• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hauling water

Started by Tikaani, January 23, 2009, 04:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

No work today and had some down time.  Went to the water pumps today to haul water for the house and thought some of you would get a kick out of this.  Don't think this common down there, but up here if you live in the upper elevations and especially out of town, drilling a well for your home is an expensive proposition.  A lot of people haul water and drain it in buried insulated holding tanks. Ours is 1500 gallons and I haul 200 gallons at a time.  Our house runs like any normal house as far as water goes, you just have to haul it.  And yes, from -10 to -50 it is a pain in the keester.  Life in Alaska.

Hunt hard, die tired
John

Got back from hauling water and made this holster out of P-tex to hold my chain saw, don't want a repeat of last week.

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

alscalls

Still wish I was there............. :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

We dont know how good we got it do it, do we Tikaani :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

What's considered expensive for a well up there Tikani?  Hauling water is a pain in the summer let alone -50.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Barry,

If I remember, it would cost 13,000 to 15,000 dollars to 250 feet.  Research of wells drilled below our property where at a depth of around 300 feet. Add 120 dollars per foot after 250 feet and that comes to about 20,000 plus dollars, and that is if you hit water.

John

pitw

Sound's about the same then John.  Two years ago I had to drill another one and it cost $12,000 for 180 feet.  I of course use mine in my spraying operation so it kinda/sorta pays for itself as water from town cost's $.04/gallon and we use around 400,000 gallons a year.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Lonehowl

Wow, thats neat, I saw that on an episode of "Tougher in Alaska".

iahntr

Yeah that's somethin I know I take for granted.
Looks like ya got the sled rigged up nice.
Scott

Silencer

sounds like huntin camp, we haul water up there but our holding tank isnt quite that big lol.

nastygunz

Thats pretty interesting..when I was a kid we used to haul water from the spring in buckets from a hole chopped in the ice in the winter time and in the spring we had a hose that we ran it from to behind the house.

msmith

I noticed the freezer in the garage. What's that for, to keep food warm?  :roflmao:
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

FinsnFur

Quote from: msmith on January 25, 2009, 01:27:57 PM
I noticed the freezer in the garage. What's that for, to keep food warm?  :roflmao:

LOL! :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

You know, now that I think about that, your right, last week my freezer was 70 degrees warmer than outside. Maybe I should just unplug it  and move it outside.

Hunt hard, die tired.
John