• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

apple pie ya drink?

Started by bigben, November 01, 2010, 02:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

sure.  this is some good stuff.

1 gallon of apple juice (i get the no sugar added stuff from walmart because its cheap)
1 cup of sugar
4 packs of apple cider mix
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup of everclear or 3 cups of vodka

Bring to boil the gallon of apple juice and dry ingriedients along with the cinnamon sticks. 

boil for 20 minutes. 

at 20 minutes pour liquid into jug and chill. 

add everclear after cool.  do not add while hot.  shake and serve cold.  should taste like apple pie. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Bills Custom Calls

Yep I had that before

Just 2 weeks ado Kurtis asked me while we were eating dinner with the whole family

Hey PaPa what was that apple pie stuff I drank last year when we went on our hunting trip  :shock2: :shock2:
I asked him how he got it and he said it was just sitting there  :laf: but it was good
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

QuoteI asked him how he got it and he said it was just sitting there

Sorry  :sad:

oohh no it wasn't me it must of been that Fuzzy faced feller from KY....  :shrug:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

oh yeahhhhhhh, the neighbors make that stuff too. But they dont water it down with Vodka :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

well in pa ya cant find everclear.  need to go to md for it.  normally when my family goes to the beach they pick me a bottle up and I am set.  of course if I can find some redneck cough medicine local I would be using that instead.   :yoyo:
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

Thanks for the recipe Ben.  :eyebrow:
Been hearing about this stuff for about a year now.
Need to get to the store for some apple juice.  :eyebrow:

slagmaker

equal parts apple pucker and cinnamon schnapps (hot damm) makes a nice hot apple pie drink as well
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bigben

never thought of that.  gonna have to try em.

bigben

hey vic it is the aipine cider mix.  sorry I didn't get back to ya this weekend.  I just got back from spending a long weekend in the mountains hunting. 

vvarmitr

Cool! Thanks Ben!  :biggrin:

What was ya hunting that was more important than talking to me?  :rolleye:
:laf:

bigben

I was upstate hunting whatever moved pretty much.  Turkey, grouse, and predators mainly along with scouting for cat season later this year.  We didnt see a turkey.  Flushed a few grouse but took nothing home but empty shells.  at night we called for fox and coyotes.  had this grey come in on friday night first stand of the night.  called on a griz n grey call.  my cousin shot him.  had a great extended weekend but it was way too short.  wished I could live up there.  Seen a bunch of elk and then a bunch of deer.  prob more then I have seen since going up there.

bigben

plus I didn't have cell signal which is another great thing in that part of pa.  it was that quiet that it felt like the distress sounds I was letting out where going miles on end.  coulda heard a pin drop.

vvarmitr

Quote from: bigben on November 15, 2010, 01:43:03 PM
it was that quiet that it felt like the distress sounds I was letting out where going miles on end.  coulda heard a pin drop.
A lot like the quite I get while I wait for someone to call me back.  :iroll:
:laf:

Oh heck Ben, I would not of called me back either.  :noway:
Glad you had a great time.  :biggrin:

bigben

no there wasn't even any white noise in this type of quiet.  it was that quiet I heard a mouse fart at 100yds. :holdon:  well I guess if I had super hearing I could hear it.  I did hear my cousin fart across the power line from me though. :rolleye: 

vvarmitr

Quote from: bigben on November 16, 2010, 08:08:54 AM
I did hear my cousin fart across the power line from me though. :rolleye: 
Some people have no shame.  :rolleye:
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

Todd Rahm

Put it in a punch bowl and top it with orange slices and your in.  :wink: