• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youth Promotional Hunt Contest

Started by FinsnFur, September 30, 2009, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

There sure have been some great pictures and stories.  I love reading them.

Jerry

pitw

It's me Bob and I would like to enter the contest if I meet all the requirement, I'm just going to copy my story to here

Hi guys it's me Bob

Today me and my old man went out calling coyotes and I was really happy that I might get my first coyote, calling. We went out North West of our house  to a stand beside some bales, we sat down and let everything calm down. About 5 minutes later dad was getting his gun ready to shoot and I just seen the coyote when dad shot and you know what, HE MISSED :doh2:. We went to our second stand on a cut line where we had already seen a coyote sitting in the field as we drove by so I called and waited for about 3 minutes and a coyote came out around the wrong corner( I call it a wrong corner because my gun was pointed the other way), any way I moved my gun very slowly to point at him and by that time the coyote was within 100 yards, so I set up and pulled the trigger but I missed, I shot again and I missed again, but you didn't here it from me :innocentwhistle:. Anyway after that we went driving and I seen a nice mule buck so I got some pictures to show you.

Nice rack, eh? After that we went to a different stand on a friends piece of land.I sat here with my dad sitting just in the bushes to the left of me.

We sat there for about 10 minutes and a nice little coyote came out of the bush right in my sights :eyebrow: I settled in and squeezed the trigger, when it hit he started to spin like a beserk top. when he came to rest I was shaking like a cold little calf getting some warm milk in my tummy. I came walking down the hill feeling like a bit of a super hero because this was my first ever coyote that I shot calling.

Here comes the hero poses

after that I was pretty pumped so we were driving to another stand when I seen a porcupine and of course we stopped, because I love talking to little animals. Here is a couple pics. for you guys.

anyway after that little episode we went to another stand and called for about 5 minutes and 1 coyote was walking in :eyebrownod: and then another  :nono: and then one came in within 50 yards right in front of me :biggrin: after that I just aimed and dropped him, but the sound was kinda funny because all there was, was a Bang Wop.

We went to another stand that was just half a mile away from the first one. We sat there for about 20 minutes and I was about to leave when a coyote jumped up in front of me and scared my pants off. When we were leaving I seen a nice size Whitetail antler on the ground

So If anybody wants it my dad could bring it down when he goes to the states.

Well after that we went home, and here's my pic. with my first ever Coyotes.

Thanks you Mr.Groves for giving my dad that called in the first coyote I ever shot
& thank you Mr. Latta for giving me the call that brought in the coyote that I called.
Bob

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Just a reminder that entries must be posted by the end of the day January 15th. Thats this coming Friday...... :holdon:

Been a lot of good entries so far.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Welcome to the contest Bob!! I'm very glad you decided to sign up for it.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Entries, must be posted by midnight tonight :yoyo:
(board time)
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

Anxious to see if anyone posts up a last minute hunt. My two boys and I were suppose to hunt since Wednesday.... but the rain and wind has kept us inside. So we're looking to get our hunting "fix" vicariously through someone else hunt!  :wink:

FOsteology

Bob, those pictures are fantastic! That one coyote is almost as big as you! Way to go and thanks for sharing!!

BMD

FOsteology

Looks like the Youth Hunt Contest has come to a close. I want to thank and congratulate everyone for their submission.   :highclap:

FinsnFur

Same here. Awesome job done by the kids. :congrats:

I'd also like to extend a big thank you to all of you that donated making this whole event even possible. Lots of nice stuff going out to these young men and women. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

weedwalker

Congradulations to all you young hunters. Those were some great pictures and stories. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
And a THANK YOU to FOs and everybody that donated prizes for the hunt. :yoyo:

KySongDog

BMD

You guys and gals did great.  Congrats to all  :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :congrats:

msmith

WTG Bob! Looks like you and your dad had a great day together!  :yoyo:

Congrats to all of the contestants. I thoroughly enjoyed all of the pictures and stories.  :congrats: Thank you for sharing them.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

alscalls

Congrats all around!!!!!   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

And a big thanks to those who helped so much putting this on!!!     :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:

The participation in this one warms my heart......it keeps hunting alive for our children's future!  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Palegroe

Congrats on all of your guys trophy animals!!!!!!  :highclap: :highclap:

Your all winners in my book!!!! :congrats:
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8