• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

your favorite musical artist?

Started by cathryn, December 15, 2008, 09:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

i know its kinda a dumb post but i was just settin here thinkin id kinda like to know  ya'll a little better. some of ya anyways  :wink:  :biggrin:

so whats your favorite group or whos your favorite singer? you can tell alot about a prson i think by their choice in music.

Frogman

I have quite a collection of 50s and 60s music on CDs.  Two of my favorites are "Tommy James and the Shondelles" and "Tommy Roe".  Of course "Elvis" is the "KING".

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Cathryn, you're truly a good person to wonder about such.  I like John Denver or Merle Haggard. Flip a coin and I'll be happy either way.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Bob Seger & the rest of the 80's rock bands.  :yoyo:  Plus Buck Cherry & some Nickleback nowadays.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

:nofgr:   You gotta go first, Cathryn.    :biggrin:

alscalls

Meaning......I play guitar and write songs and I do not do it for any other reason than it makes me and sometimes others very happy.
A smile is all I look for when I am playing and it helps me forget the unpleasant things for a while.
I also enjoy others music but a very wide variety......Mac Davis was the best song writer I ever saw...Jerry Reed was one of the finest people I ever met and a great guitar player....Ted Nugent one who should be president and I would love to hunt with him and play some music when we were through. Kentucky Head Hunters shoulda stayed together.  
Gospel music has a special place in my heart. And I think Alan Jackson is a real person who cares. It is not just the music that does it for me it is the meaning.......and if ya find someone that can sing live as good as on their album......there is meaning there somewhere. Kid Rock is a hell of a writer and I do not like some of what he does but he has it......real meaning and a real talent. There are more and some are hidden like Adam Hood.....But the meaning is what it is all about.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

The Beach Boys would be the first, but there are several other groups that would be close.

Jerry

cathryn

Quote from: Semp on December 15, 2008, 10:02:15 PM
:nofgr:   You gotta go first, Cathryn.    :biggrin:

ok, lol.. i like George Jones, REO speedwagon,and love george strait. i like tracy lawrence and diamond rio. catch me at the right time and i even like some r & b. luther vandross and barry white can make me melt, lol.

oh and gary allen.

i really like randy travis's and alan jacksons gospel cds. i was brougt up in church on the old hymns and still sing them today.

nickelback has some songs i like and shoot i even like one of Kid rocks.

reba has a lot of songs that sem like they were written with me in mind..sadly theyre mostly about lost loves, lol. as you can see i like alot of diffrent styels of music.

ok semp.. it old you mine now its your turn.  :biggrin:

LORDDAL

I listen to everything from Classical to Jazz (love Louie Armstrong) to Metal favorite moderen bands would have to be Rammstein german metal band and Insane Clown Posse. then favorite Jazz big bands types Louie of course Bing and Franky Boy Mel torme and Doc sevrenson. Classical Bach bethoven and then gospel. Also any kind of Irish Music specially drinking songs
I have always been big into music playing trumpet and drum and keyboard and bass and guitar and of course singing been ages since I played sometimes catch myself singin along with the radio. Worked in the music Industry for over 8 years mostly country running lights for concerts so I do listen to lots of country. I have worked with some of the bigger names and some just getting started but had to leave that life due to certian problems that arise from that lifestyle. some of my favorite to have worked with Montgomery gentry , Alan Jackson , Toby Keith , Arron Tippin, Neal McCoy what a guy had lots of fun miss the old days but know that if I had stayed well thats another story. one of these days I am going to get me a BC rich Warlock and get back into playin but who know when
Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

pitw

I guess I don't have a favorite performer but like some music from a lot of different one's.  Ray Steven's told good stories as did Johny Horton.  Paradise by the dashboard light by meatloaf alway's has a place in my stereo.  Copperhead road by Steve Earl get's my blood flowing as well.  What really amaze's me are the people who can write a tune for 60 instrument's that if listened to seperately mean nothing but put em together and wow.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Here are a few of what I listen to........

Silent Night
Jingle Bells
Here Comes Santa Clause
Away in a Manger
Jingle Bell Rock
O Little Town of Bethlehem
O Come All Ye Faithful

:biggrin:

cb223

Quote from: Semp on December 16, 2008, 07:54:29 AM
Here are a few of what I listen to........

Silent Night
Jingle Bells
Here Comes Santa Clause
Away in a Manger
Jingle Bell Rock
O Little Town of Bethlehem
O Come All Ye Faithful

:biggrin:

YEAR ROUND???????  :shck:  :shck:  :shck:  :shck:

I would go insane!!!!  :madd:

Most of the time I listen to rock and classic rock. Don't care much for country except Hank Jr. and Charlie Daniels. I also like Joe Nickels "Tequila makes her clothes fall off".
CHAD

Coulter

I listen to a vast - very vast - array of music it just depends on the mood I'm in. I really like blues, but not all the time. I listen to mostly alternative rock, modern rock, and classic rock. As far as bands go - Nine Inch Nails ranks up there. About the only thing I cannot and will not listen to is rap or hip hop - that stuff drives me absolutely nuts :madd: Country...well only if its Shania, Faith or whoever it is that does that song "Friends in Low Places" I love that one. I also like some from Carrie Underwood, but I think she has some serious anger management issues :wo:

Steve

possumal

Coulter, sounds like you enjoy some Garth Brooks songs.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Quote from: cb223 on December 16, 2008, 05:41:07 PM

YEAR ROUND???????  :shck:  :shck:  :shck:  :shck:

I would go insane!!!!  :madd:

Nope.  Just during Christmas season.     :biggrin: