:yoyo: this is a friends recipe.

squirrel legs, front or rear, amount depends upon how hungry you are
~ beer
~ garlic powder
~ pepper
~ salt
~ minced onion
~ hickory smoked bacon 

Soak the legs in beer for 2 â€" 3 hours. Remove and drain.

Sprinkle to taste with garlic powder, pepper, salt and the minced onion (or if you have a favorite dry rub for grilled squirrel you can use that instead).

Wrap each leg with bacon. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.

Place on hot grill (charcoal grill recommended for a nice smoky flavor, although a gas or electric grill will do the trick). Cook over medium heat until cooked through, tend to the meat as your cooking to make sure you do not over cook.

Another one.

Squirrel Legs 
   Olive Oil 
     Soy Sauce 
     Bacon as per your Need 
     Flour 
     Bread Crumbs 
     Garlic Powder 
     Onion Powder 
     Paprika 
     Black Pepper 

Directions

1. Take Squirrel Legs as per your requirement. Mix Soy Sauce, Olive Oil and Squirrel Legs and put it in a Zip Lock bag. Put the bag into the refrigerator for about 20 hours. 
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Remove the bacon out of it and leave the Fat part in Skillet. 
3. Remove and drain the legs. 
4. In a large bowl, combine some flour and bread crumbs. Season to taste with the garlic and onion powders, paprika, chipotle and black peppers. 
5. Add a little oil to the bacon fat if necessary and heat them. Dredge the legs in the flour mixture and add to the hot oil. Turn to brown on all sides. Once they become brown, remove them and drain on paper towels. 
6. Place the legs on a rack placed in a shallow baking dish. Add a cup or so of water to the pan. Place the bacon strips on top of the legs and cover with foil. 
7. Bake at 250 â€" 275 degrees until tender, at least 3 -4 hours. Depends how many you are cooking and how long you can hold off eating them

My own bacon wrapped bakes squirrel.

Amount of squirrel per family needs, For just wife and I 4 works.

4 whole dressed squirrels soaked in salt water for 6 hours, removed from that and placed in a marinate od liquid smoke minced garlic and minced onion for 24 hours.

Remove from marinate salt and pepper.

wrap each squirrels with enough bacon to make a nice warm blanket for them.
Place on a raised baking rack above a cookie sheet.
Bake for 3 hours at 250F.

NOTE! It is no longer advisable to eat the squirrel brains as they have now been associated with a form of mad cow disease called transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. While ADEQUATE cooking eliminates the problem, it's still not worth the risk until more is known about the problem: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9500E0D91231F93AA1575BC0A961958260

:eyebrownod:   Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

trailtwister

Some Weirdo's Fried Squirrel

1 â€" 2 squirrels, cut into serving pieces
~ 1 â€" 2 cans your favorite beer,
~ 1 â€" 2 eggs, beaten
~ flour
~ Weber’s Chicago Steak Seasoning or seasoning salt
~ oil 

Soak the squirrel in beer for a day or two. Remove and drain.

Beat the egg(s) in a shallow bowl.

In another bowl, season some flour to taste with the seasoning.

Heat some oil in a large skillet.

Sprinkle the squirrel with the seasoning if desired.

Dip the squirrel in the egg and then the flour. Add to hot oil.

Cook over medium heat until browned. Flip as needed.

NOTE! It is no longer advisable to eat the squirrel brains as they have now been associated with a form of mad cow disease called transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. While ADEQUATE cooking eliminates the problem, it's still not worth the risk until more is known about the problem: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9500E0D91231F93AA1575BC0A961958260

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

:confused: Hooked me up?  :confused:
:shrug: Oh I don't think my wife would go for that. :eyebrow:

BAKED SQUIRREL   

2 squirrels, cut up into pieces
1 1/2 c. plain flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. cooking oil
2 onions, sliced in rings
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c. green onion and parsley

Coat squirrel pieces with flour seasoned with salts and pepper. Brown in oil and remove from skillet. Line baking dish with foil and place squirrel in dish. Add onion, garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Blend soup with a small amount of water; pour over squirrel. Seal foil tightly. Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours. Open foil and add green onions and parsley. Reseal and cook for 15 minutes longer.

:eyebrownod:  Al

Hawks Feather

Bacon Wrapped Squirrel
Sent in by Timothy S. Barry.

~ squirrel legs, front or rear, amount depends upon how hungry you are
~ beer
~ garlic powder
~ pepper
~ salt
~ minced onion
~ hickory smoked bacon

Soak the legs in beer for 2 ñ 3 hours. Remove and drain.

Sprinkle to taste with garlic powder, pepper, salt and the minced onion (or if you have a favorite dry rub for grilled squirrel you can use that instead).

Wrap each leg with bacon. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.

Place on hot grill (charcoal grill recommended for a nice smoky flavor, although a gas or electric grill will do the trick). Cook over medium heat until cooked through, tend to the meat as your cooking to make sure you do not over cook.

Serve with your favorite sides.

Hopefully Tim is your friend.  If not, it looks like Tim too your friend's recipe and posted it on backwoods Bound.com as his.

Jerry

trailtwister

I don't cut my bacon wrapped squirrel up Just clean it up good wrap whole body and bake. I have my recipe a couple of places.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: trailtwister on August 11, 2015, 04:17:15 PM
I have my recipe a couple of places.

When you started this thread you said that the recipe that I posted (which is the same as the one you started your post with) was a friend's recipe.  When I was doing a search for squirrel recipes the same one that you listed as your friends showed up stating that it was sent by Timothy S. Barry.  If Timothy is your friend then all is good.  If Timothy is not the friend that you referred to when starting this thread then someone stole his recipe and put his own name on it. 

Jerry

trailtwister

Or Tim stole the recipe   :shrug: and put his name on it.

What ever

trailtwister

Here is a link to 10 pages of squirrel recipes.
Note the number of fried squirrel and how similar they are.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1-1,squirrel,FF.html

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com