• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Some pics from this summer

Started by 5 SHOTS, December 22, 2014, 05:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

I haven't posted for a while because I have been busy. so I figured someone might be interested in a few pics. I will add more as I get time.

I drug my telescope out for a few hours one night and took these. First is Saturn.

And a few moon pics. Some were taken before it got dark so they are a little bright and blurry.

This winter will be Jupiter if the weather holds out.
I hope to get a much bigger and better telescope  when my taxes come back.

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

slagmaker

Sweet Saturn pic!

What scope are you using?  I haven't tried any astrophotography yet but it is on my list. I just need an equatorial mount instead of my alt/AZ that I have now.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

5 SHOTS

Quote from: slagmaker on December 22, 2014, 08:37:24 PM
Sweet Saturn pic!

What scope are you using?

Thank you. I'm using a Celestron 102 .....something or another? with a 2x barlow and a cheap Meade pc camera thing from ebay.

Quote from: slagmaker on December 22, 2014, 08:37:24 PM
I just need an equatorial mount instead of my alt/AZ that I have now.

Sounds good.... what is it? I don't know anything about what I'm doing but I got lucky one night.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

HaMeR

Cool pics Art!! Your Saturn pic is a very good one for sure!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

Art.. an equatorial mount allows for tracking so you are not constantly making adjustments to two controls. An alt/az mount only has up down and left right adjustment. Keeping an object centered in the field of view can be a real challange. Also with an equatorial mount a tracking motor can be added so your scope automatically sweeps across the sky at the same apparent speed as what you observing.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Ive tried to take some moon pics and it is tough...the the earths roatation is tough to compensate for.
I didnt see any aliens lol
Love the Saturn pic Art :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Looking good.  Like others I like the Saturn image and the others do look like cheese.

Jerry