• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Some shooting I did on my range

Started by slagmaker, September 01, 2015, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Did some shooting the other day at my 200 yard mark. Hard to make out the bell but you can hear it.

10/22 at 200 yards:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Nice...Did I hear a couple of misses in there too? That would be cool to have your own range to shoot on.

Steve

slagmaker

Yeah there were a couple misses :sad: . The bell is made from an old SCBA tank that I cut the bottom off and hung from my target stand. That makes the "target" about 6 inches wide by 12 inches tall. A good solid hit makes for a real nice ring. At that distance My 22-250 will punch right through one side and coat the inside of the bell with lead. I am looking for something that will ring and be able to handle heavier calabers.

At 200 yards a CCI mini mag has about 4 feet of drop to it. And a subsonic has even more drop  :eyebrow:

When I bought my place the range possibility was the first thing I noticed. I can go out to 275 yards and then I am going over a hill and can't see the target any more.

riverboss

Nice range slag! 275 yards is a poke with a 22.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

slagmaker

Yeah I can lay in the creak that's just a couple yards in front of the target stand and I can see the 22s fly over. So I know there not packing much energy at that distance but I figure any practice is better than no practice

slagmaker

I want to see if I can put a camera in the creek and get some video of the bell getting hit by the bullets. The 22s are moving so slow I should be able to catch the impacts

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Todd Rahm