• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Whoooops!

Started by FinsnFur, February 09, 2020, 12:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I was surfing the web. The other day and came across an advertisement where Kimber was showing off their new 2020 lineup.
I followed it to their site and started drooling over the eye candy. Nothing new for 2020 caught my eye. The new Raptor was pretty sweet, but the price tag wasn't. But I did stumble on something that really caught my eye. And of course, it was another 1911. Next thing I know. This shows up at my FFL dealer with my name on it.
I don't know how that happened, but please help me in welcoming my newest member of the family. The Kimber "Artic".

I absolutely love this thing. Of course I said that about my other one too, LOL. I still love it. Don't get me wrong, [emoji23]. I think this is going to be my new CCW once I find a holster. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm very eager to get it to the range.
I've actually tossed around the thought of breaking it down and polishing it to a high luster. I've watched videos on guys doing it to the stainless guns. It really doesn't seem like it's that hard to do. But something in the back of my mind has me hesitant for fear I would ruin it accidentally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Shes a beauty.  I would buy a cheap old used gun and practice polishing that before I tackled that beauty 💰💰💰💰

JohnP

You can't go wrong with a 1911 and you definitely can't go wrong with a Kimber.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

I had a Glock 44 call my name a couple of weeks ago.  It is still in the box, but it will make a trip to the range one of these days.  I don't expect anything of it other than being a good practice piece for the real Glocks.

FinsnFur

Practice pc he says [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

A Glock 17 is the modern 1911...😇😈🇺🇸

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on February 10, 2020, 06:37:16 AM
A Glock 17 is the modern 1911...😇😈🇺🇸

Or maybe it is the Glock 21SF.

nastygunz

"Remarkable for its accuracy and light recoil, the GLOCK 21SF delivers the legendary stopping power of the .45 Auto round with a 13 round magazine capacity. Countless law enforcement units swear by this superior pistol, and that's why this powerful, lightweight, all climate workhorse is a standard issue from the North to South Poles. The SF model reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear, or "back strap," offering increased comfort and control - especially for shooters with smaller hands."

Hawks Feather

Yep, but some refer to SF as Still Fat.  I don't have large hands, but I do like the 21SF.

nastygunz

My GEN4 Glock 17 is my  first and only polymer pistol and I really like it.  It is light, feels really good in the hand, and carries a whole lot of 9 mm. And is basically maintenance free.  Ever since I got it my Ruger GP 100 .357 magnum has been staying home doing house duty. Style wise the stainless steel GP 100 is beautiful but practical and weight wise the Glock takes the cake.  However the 1911 is a beautiful design and I really do need to add one to the armory. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

nastygunz

Being an old-school kind of guy I generally prefer revolvers but my Ruger stainless steel is very heavy and when I carry my .22 appendix style the ladies won't leave me alone  :yoyo: :biggrin: :wink: :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on February 10, 2020, 05:16:18 PM
Being an old-school kind of guy I generally prefer revolvers but my Ruger stainless steel is very heavy and when I carry my .22 appendix style the ladies won't leave me alone  :yoyo: :biggrin: :wink: :innocentwhistle:

:alscalls: :alscalls: You dork
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

MI VHNTR

Congrats on a VERY sharp Kimber 1911. It's a beauty.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

nastygunz

I highly recommend getting one of those 16 inch barrel .22 revolver's just to listen to the stuff people say when they see it ha ha.  :biggrin:

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 10, 2020, 06:06:24 PM

:alscalls: :alscalls: You dork

Hawks Feather

So, to quote Mae West "Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

nastygunz

I would have told Miss Mae "Both".... :biggrin: