• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

AIR STRIKE !

Started by nastygunz, October 04, 2009, 07:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Well after a heavy downpour most of the weekend it got semi sunny n nice Sunday afternoon so I grabbed my Powerline 1000 air rifle and did a slow stalk along the edge of a semi cut cornfield looking for the elusive gray squirrel...it was a bit muggy out and I soon discovered the mosquitoes are not quite ready to give up the ghost just yet...I saw a squirrel on the very edge of the treeline along the corn field so I eased up on him and missed an incredibly easy shot by jerking the trigger...which is a bad thing...GRRRR...my next shot I resolved to be more careful...I was easing along when all of a sudden a huge squirrel came out of the treeline and started working his way around the cut section of the field...I slowly eased off the safety and pulled the rifle up and got him in the crosshairs...scope was on 3x...he was working towards me paying no attention to me...when he was about 20 feet away...I had the crosshairs on him waiting for him to stop moving...he finally stopped and was facing straight towards me...I settled the + right between his eyes and slowly applied pressure...that d**n air rifle has a HEAVY trigger pull...finally felt the trigger break...crack and weird recoil of the gun...kept the scope on him..saw him fold up and go limp instantly...hit him just right of center...instant kill...big male squirrel....heres the pic:

FinsnFur

That storm front must have blanketed the entire continent, cause it's been raining here too since last Wednesday....all but today :doh2:...and more through this Tuesday.

Good job getting out and taking advantage of the short lived sunshine :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I came that close to nailing a woodchuck....spotted him off a little grassy spot so I snuck along real slowwww inside the corn...was just about in range and something spooked the little SOB and he sprinted for his hole...I dont think it was me as I wasnt moving when he broke...they are jumpy though for good cause as everything eats em..that would have been a trophy..an air gun woodchuck...my 2nd one....WTH did the weekend go?  :wo: