• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First of the Season!

Started by HuntnCarve, March 16, 2012, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I noticed some hog activity across the field the other day.  So needless to say I've been keeping my eyes peeled down towards the Honey Holes. -Which by the way, are not officially opened, having been in a state of dormancy during Winter...
Back to matters at hand.  I casually glanced out the deck door this afternoon, only to catch a blob like object creeping into the oat field down below.  Rushing to the back bedroom I frantically snatched up the .22 and made for the deck door.  Mr. Hog must have sensed something amiss, for he waddled back over to the safety of the hedge row.  Tense minutes passed as I waited his return.  Finally, I caught alittle movement down in the hedge row about 40 yards away.  Seems the lure of field greens was too much for this big Ol boar hog.  Slowly he made his way back out into the field...At the 45 yard line, he wheeled around to observe his back trail.  Probably figured HaMer was stalking him?  As it was, HaMer was the least of his worries.  For at that very moment a .22 caliber slug was enroute, destination his neck.  Back in the scope, I was greeted with a meaty plop, accompanied with a mini dust cloud rising off his hide!  Cool!  The hog collapsed on the spot.  Not wanting to disturb the oats, I let him lay to see how long it would take for a buzzard to notice?  Exactly 45 minutes later a buzzard had donned a bib, and was gorging himself on prime US grade one hog.  The local red fox will undoubtedly handle the final cleanup later tonight.  Let the season begin!

HuntnCarve
Dave

coyote101

One of the advantages of an early spring. Nice shooting Dave.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

One shot, one kill.  Way to go sniper.

Jerry

HaMeR

45yds with a sub!! HOLEE SMOKES YOU'RE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:   Those hogs over your way are about to be in for a short Summer & they don't even know it yet!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Been seeing a bunch of them around here. Most of them never made it across the road tho. So sad to see em end up THAT way.  :rolleye: :rolleye:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Quote.22 caliber slug was enroute, destination his neck.

Ya gotta love that :eyebrownod:
Nice work Dave.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com