• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Squirrel stalk.

Started by nastygunz, September 03, 2008, 07:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I hit one of my spots this afternoon...sat in one spot for quite a spell, nothing, went to another spot....nothing....both usually have squirrels...so before I called it a day I went back to the first spot....sat.....saw alot of bird movement....the leaves are soooo thick....I was watching this one big oak tree...all of a sudden a big bushytail came cruising along a branch about 20 feet off the ground...I lost sight of him...so I made a stalk on him...I could hear plain as day where he was dropping stuff from the tree and it was hitting the leaves under the tree....I was right on him, just couldnt see him...then all of a sudden I saw a big bushy tail poking out of some leaves...I had the Super Comanche .410 pistol....I could have taken the shot...but if i dropped him he was over a very steep bank with heavy brush going down to the water and it would have been hell retrieving him, if even possible...so I passed on the shot and quietly retreated....we will go around again im sure ...before I saw him I heard him make that funny wheezing type call they make...i have it on my foxpro so i played it a couple of times...not sure it helped but it didnt spook him as he came into sight shortly thereafter.....the moskeetos were VICIOUS :madd:

FinsnFur

Squirrel hunting is always an enjoyable relaxing experience for me.
I like your ethics of not taking the shot just because it was there, knowing you wouldn't be able to retrieve the quarry. :congrats:

And you got bigger gonads then me for going out there dealing with the mosquitos. :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Man...it sure takes away from the enjoyment when its soaking humidity and literally swarms of mosquitoes attacking and frequent doses of Deep Woods Off.....give me a nice cold clear frosty morning with some sunshine and no leaves on the trees...AND NO BUGS!!!!! :yoyo: