• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Guns must be cased at LBL

Started by KySongDog, December 17, 2009, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

thanks for the info weedwalker.  I thought there was a bill in legislation right now that would allow carry on federal parks?  I had thought it actually passed but you had to wait till mid febuary to be allowed to use it.   
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Quote from: bigben on December 22, 2009, 06:47:22 AM
I thought there was a bill in legislation right now that would allow carry on federal parks?  I had thought it actually passed but you had to wait till mid febuary to be allowed to use it.   

Quote from: Semp on December 17, 2009, 07:01:14 PM
Quote from: CCP on December 17, 2009, 06:53:16 PM

Now to throw another coal in the fire wasn't there a law passed last year that a person could posses a concealed weapon as long as they had a valid carry permit for protection on state/government parks land??

That new rule takes effect February 22, I think.  It was one of the last things the Bush administration got done before leaving. 

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bigben

thanks semp.  I thought I read it on a few different boards. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

slagmaker

I know I was pulled over up in Greenwood Indiana. I was speeding a little. The LEO came up asked for the paper work and then asked if there were any firearms in the vehicle. I have a lifetime permit in Indiana, all my firearms are legal, I was in a fowl mood in the first place so I said MAYBE :huh:.  I can tell you right now. That was the wrong answer to give him :nofgr:. Step out of the car. Hands on the hood. Hand cuffed sat in the back of his patrol car while waiting on another officer. Second officer arrives. First officer them procedes to search the car. I worked out of that car so it was junky to say the least. Ya know all the lunch wrappings, empty paper cups, not so empty soda cans and other such things. What do ya know no firearms or contraband of any kind in the vehicle or on my person. Cop got mad :argh:. Came back got me out of the crusier. Thought you said you had firearms in the car. No I said MAYBE. :innocentwhistle: I am legal to carry so it is up to my descreation if there are firearms in my vehicle or on my person :readthis:. The second officer laughed said Yep it is up to you but please just answer honestly next time. I thought I was honest :shrug:. I was uncuffed. Given a speeding ticket and sent on my way. I dont think I will tell an officer maybe again :nofgr: :holdon:. I might not get so lucky as simply made to wait next time :whew:. But he must have known I had a permit when he ran my plates.  :confused: Why else would he ask if there were firearms in the vehicle? :shrug:

He was a newbiee on the greenwood force. He was trying to make a name for himself. Trying being the key word.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.