Main Menu

2008 LBL Hunt

Started by KySongDog, April 07, 2007, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Jimmie will set you straight.  :biggrin:

statelinerut

I live 2 hours from LBL.
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

-- Ronald Reagan

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

vvarmitr

Quote from: securpro on April 19, 2007, 04:04:24 PMOh can I bring my friend ? 

No need to bring one there are plenty already supplied. :wink:

I have a coyote decoy dog. Pretty well trained. I just don't know what will happen when we meet a coyote. :innocentwhistle:

Bopeye

Quote from: securpro on April 19, 2007, 04:04:24 PM
And by the way does anyone know how to train a coyote dog ? :shrug:

Heck no, but I'm giving it my best shot..... :wink:

securpro

Can't wait !!! see you all at the LBL n '08 :yoyo:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

awh

I'm in as long as someone will send directions. Might have to let lil-man lay out of school a few days so he can go to. :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Jimmie in Ky

Set him straight? :confused: Didn't know there was anyone here that was crooked  :biggrin:

Of course we would have to question anyone that calls sloppy joes BBQ. Mebbe we can get lucky and talk my dad into burning a shoulder or two.

AWH, alll you have to do is find I24 on a road map. You can get off of it at Cadiz or Grand Rivers exits to enter the LBL.Jimmie

Carolina Coyote

Hey I had fun there this year and if I can get my partner to do the driving I'll be headed that way again in 2008. cc

bigben

what happens If I know how to cook but not shoot?  unless it is within shotgun range and standin still.  even then I aint garunteeing anything.  I am plannin on coming.  hopefully draggin somone else from pa area down there. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

You dont have to know how to cook Ben.
Heck I had half of them eating BarBQ, and thinking it was sloppy joe, at the same time.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Hey Jim,

Been meaning to ask.  How did Barb Q taste?

Jerry

Note to self.  That was not nice.  Never spit in the wind, argue with the owner of a newspaper who buys ink in 55 gallon drums, or make fun of the person that can get you banned from a website.

FinsnFur

:roflmao:

Let me say she was a lot better the first night then she was warmed up the next day.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

DirtyDog

I think I missed the BBQ, I mean sloppy Joe's, I mean BBQ................. :biggrin:

FinsnFur

yeah if Kyle was settin by the pan, you woulda never seen it Joe.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 24, 2007, 07:50:21 PM
You dont have to know how to cook Ben.
Heck I had half of them eating BarBQ, and thinking it was sloppy joe, at the same time.  :biggrin:

maybe it is just me but imho BBQ is when you slow cook the meat. sloppy joe is that stuff you get out of the can. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Jimmie in Ky

Jim's recipe for BBQ, ground meat ( enough to fill pot) chopped onions and bell peppers ( about a cup of each) 1 can of tomatoe something or other for flavor and a touch or two of red and black pepper to give it a bit of a kick. Pretty good eatin' really for all the agravation we give him over it :eyebrownod:

Dad's recipe for BBQ sauce, 1 gallon of tomatoe paste, 2 cups of sorghum or 1 pound of brown sugar ( depending on if he has sorghum at the time) Black pepper,  white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, salt to taste. You can add cayanne to the mix , or throw in habanero peppers,for heat depending on how much you can stand. Bring all this to a boil and then cool slowly.

I sometimes use honey in place of the sorghum and have a tendancy to throw in a touch of mustard for mine.

BBQ Meat, anything already dead with the hide or feathers pulled off, slow cooked over white oak and hickory coals until you can jerk the bones free with a flick of the wrist. Baste on a fairly regualr basis with the above BBQ sauce until done.

Yah'll hongry yet  :sneer: Jimmie

bigben

if your gonna start sharing bbq recipes.  here is mine

ketchup
whorchester sauce
liquid smoke
grape jelly
horse radish sauce
garlic powder or fresh cloves
sweet onions chopped fine
a little pepper
and maybe a smack or so of jack.

that all goes into a crock pot with a hunk of meat preferably deer.  slow cook for 12 hrs

Bopeye

Dang.........I'm starving now.  :biggrin:

Whatever happened to just browning some burger and throwing in some Manwich sauce?  :shrug:

bigben

Quote from: Bopeye on April 25, 2007, 07:02:16 PM
Dang.........I'm starving now.  :biggrin:

Whatever happened to just browning some burger and throwing in some Manwich sauce?  :shrug:

that is sloppy joe ^^^