• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzz624

Man,there is getting to be a bunch of us Ohio guys on here.Welcome to the site 222shooter.

Carolina Coyote

Hey, I'm Carl Freeman, I met a lot of you at the LBL hunt, if you don't remember me I was with Ronnie Cannon, Well I'm 65 years old, married my Wife in 1959, we have two daughters and five Grands, We live in the upstate of South Carolina, I started getting and interest in Predator hunting about four years ago. I am an avid Deer Hunter and had killed a few Coyotes while sitting on the Deer stand in Georgia where I do most of my hunting., I had no idea that you could call them up but we started seeing more and more sign of Coyotes on the club property and decided we needed to do something to thin them out . I started to doing a little research on Coyotes, at that time I did not know anyone that was a dedicated predator hunter. I first bought a electronic call and tried it for the first year with no results, I then bought some hand calls and on the first set-up with a friend I called up a coyote and he killed it, the next set-up I called up two coyotes and the wind changed on me and they busted me, The next evening first set-up called in another coyote, he came in behind us and busted us, the next set-up I called in a BobCat I missed it. Now at this point I thought this is not to difficult to call in predators. I now realize I was having beginners luck but I also learned what a great sport predator hunting is. I have had some success the last two years mostly on Bobcats as we seem to have an abundance of Cats on our club property. I have also killed a few coyotes  around my home her in Carolina. I really enjoyed the LBL hunt this year and hope to come again next year. Carl (Carolina Coyote)

Todd Rahm

Welcome aboard, and hey doesnt that Ronnie fella supposedly make calls or sumtin?  :confused:

FinsnFur

Welcome aboard Carl.
It was a pleasure meeting you at the LBL.
Lookin forward to next year.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Todd, I think Ronnie has made a few calls for himself but not really into making calls, He is however a good coyote Hunter and he has been trying to help me to learn. I have enjoyed hunting with him.

Bopeye

Hello Carl............it's great to have you..... :yoyo: :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Carolina Coyote

Hey Bopeye, i met you at the LBL, Would love to go hunt with you sometime with the dogs to see how that works. CC

damon

Quote from: Dan Carey on October 06, 2006, 12:56:11 PM
Hello, My name is Dan Carey (whodathunkit)
I'm retired, I was a business owner until 2004 when someone made me an offer I couldn't resist. I was born in AZ, grew up in southwestern NM where I went to grade school, high school and college. I now live in both AZ and NM as I have a home in both. AZ for the winter months and a home in the mountains of southwestern NM when its too hot handle AZ.

I hunt everything I can get drawn for. I also go to Wyoming and Montana every summer to shoot dogs. I've hunted in Alaska for brown bears and Newfoundland for Moose. I hunt Varmints constantly, both in AZ and NM. I can do a little trapping in NM in the winter if I feel like putting up with the cold weather.

I shoot bench rest both short (100-300) and long range (1000). I'm fortunate enough to be able build my guns, both BR and sporting. I don't however, solicit work.

My favorite caliber is 223 Remington on Remington action I have rifles from a 17 MACH IV to a 375 H&H, about 50 different rifles. Hand guns from 22 RF to 454 casull.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

damon

Hey everyone how it going i'm up here in North dakota and it just keeps snowing.  just wonsering if anyone out there has any advice on how to make a jig to build the tone boards for my custom predator calls. very new to the hobby and any advice would help.

keekee

Damon,

I moved your topic over to the Call making how to section. You will get some good feedback there.

And welcome to Fins and Fur! Good to have ya!

Brent

cnichols33

Hey guys, my name is Chris Nichols and I'm 33. I grew up in N AL just outside of Gadsden. I have always hunted deer and turkey's and have killed a couple of yotes while deer hunting but have never really done any serious predator hunting. I currently live in Vidalia, GA (Yeah where the onions are from). I am a Regional Director for SouthernCare Hospice. I love my job because it allows me reach people in need and I get the chance to feel like I'm making a difference in there life. I travel the state of GA and East AL so I get to see a lot of different parts of the state. I am hoping to meet some of the guys on here and hook up for a few hunts, at least until I get my feet wet.

I have two girls, the oldest is 8 and the youngest is 2. I just recently celebrated my second 3rd year anniversary. :biggrin: 

DirtyDog

My turn to chime in.

My name is Joe Stephenson, I have only been in the outdoors since 1994 (the year I graduated and turned 18). All my life I wanted to hunt/ fish, but my parents would not let me. I used to hide in the bushes like I was hunting and just watch the birds and rabbits hang out all around me. Once I graduated, I started work at Wal-Mart in the sporting goods section. That right there got me jumpstarted. I went through hunters safety, and bought my first shotgun. The road to where I am now has been a long road. I am now 31 years old, and have bagged a fair amount of small game, and 8 deer (it took me 7 years to get my first). I am still waiting for my first turkey and coyote. So if there is anyone that wants to help on that turkey or coyote, just let me know.  :eyebrow:

FinsnFur

Oh sure Joel, wear a path in and out of the place for two months and then come in here and tell us about yourself  :eyebrownod:

I'm just givin ya crap.

Welcome to Fins and Fur Gentlemen  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Well ya just bagged your first "turkey". Ya got Jim to reply.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Welcome aboard and what parts are ya from?

Todd

DirtyDog

Quote from: Todd Rahm on March 05, 2007, 08:25:11 PM
Well ya just bagged your first "turkey". Ya got Jim to reply.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Welcome aboard and what parts are ya from?

Todd

Sorry,

I was born and raised in the Akron Ohio area. Last year, I got a promotion that moved me to the Middle Tennessee area. I am married and have 2 boys (7 and 8). I work for Newell Rubbermaid (Sanford division (we make Sharpie's)) as a Distribution Services Supervisor.

Todd Rahm

Just happens we have some fine outstanding members in your area, that might just be willing to give ya a crack at your first coyote, and turkey.

Heck if I have my way I'll be down ther turkey hunt'n in southern Ohio this year.  :biggrin:

DirtyDog

I am actually hoping to get up to Southern Ohio this year also. There are some good birds there, but there are a lot here in TN also.

FinsnFur

No appologies needed Joel, I was just razzin ya.
Good meeting you at the LBL this year :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

keekee

NewDog,

If you get up to Southern Ohio, let me know! We can get you a Turkey!  :eyebrownod:

Todd,

You know your welcome! Get your bags packed! We will put ya up, feed ya, and make darn sure you get your Turkeys!

Brent

DirtyDog

Well, as it turns out, I will be up that way here is a few weeks, but it will be before turkey season though........ My parents live up that way and I will be taking my kids to see their grandparents.