• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A Nice Blacktail And a Cute Fawn

Started by code, July 14, 2015, 08:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

code

I took these pictures last Saturday. Camera is a Canon 70D with a 55-250 EFS lens. All editing was done in Lightroom 6.

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Love the red color on them this time of year.  That big buck is a humdinger for a coastal blacktail.  Hope he grows some length on his tines. 

Hawks Feather

Nice captures with the Canon.  The last one should be set up with a contest to make a title for it.

Jerry

riverboss

Very nice!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Dave

Great pics Cody.
That big one sure does look to be in tip top shape.  Deer around here all have a 'boney' look to them this time of year.

code

It did not take me long to top him. Here is the biggest blacktail buck I have ever seen. I took these pictures a couple weeks ago.

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FOsteology

Nice pictures! That last BT is a whopper.

JohnP

BIG Buck, BIG Rack.  Thanks for posting these, they are great.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

If you can, show this latest buck to your cousin Dave.  He has a superb eye for scoring live animals and is an official B&C scorer. 

In one of the pics not posted on here I have a guess as to where this buck is.  Will make my guess in person next time I see you.   :wink:  I think he is over on the Idaho line where you divulged our secret concentration of bobcats!

Hard to imagine one of our blacktails with that much antler up high.  A typical mature buck in your area is a 3x4 with stubby points.  fun photos!