• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Butler Creek Slip On Slings

Started by HaMeR, January 17, 2008, 08:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Not sure how good this review really is but I would be willing to answer any questions you might have.  :biggrin:

Just a thought about slings. I like them but,,, I don't like the swivels. I've had a couple that scratched the wood up on my rifles. So I went with the Butler Creek slip over type. I've been using this sling on different rifles & my shotgun & really like it. Once it is adjusted,, quick & easy,, it will not fall off the barrel end & still,, for me,, be comfortable. The padding is generous & has soft rubber grip dots that help keep it over my shoulder with little effort & it also stretches to absorb the shock as you walk. All in all if you're looking for a sling that is compatible with any rig & changes out from one to another easily I think you would like this one. I do & have been using it for the last 3 years now & am going to get another one for a backup.

Just thought I would pass this along. 

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

It works Bandelero style equally as well. This is my preferred way of using it if the walk is more than just a 100yds or so.

It slips over the butt stock but does not have to be clear up to the trigger guard like this.  It doesn't bother me when I'm shooting.

This is my Marlin 983 with the front site to stop it. Once the length is readjusted to my smooth barreled rifles it does not slip off the end of those either. It only takes a few minutes to reset the length. Plus you can see the rubber dots.

This sling has not scratched or marred the finish on any of my rifles.  It is quick & easy to adjust & suits my needs very nicely. I found mine locally for less than the Cabelas price as well. So FWIW,, I highly recommend these slings for they way I like to carry my rifles in any terrain or for any distance greater than 100yds or so. Carrying a rig in the style of the 1st picture also keeps both hands free for balance or even that turkey & mustard sandwich & your Diet 7UP!! Hope you enjoyed this little review & I am open to suggestions to make an even better review next time!!

Thanks for looking!!  :biggrin:

Glen

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11