• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ammo shortage squeezes police forces

Started by coyotehunter_1, August 18, 2007, 03:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

Associated Press
Updated: 6:49 p.m. ET Aug 17, 2007

"Troops training for and fighting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are firing more than 1 billion bullets a year, contributing to ammunition shortages hitting police departments nationwide and preventing some officers from training with the weapons they carry on patrol."

The rest of the story;
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20322566/
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

CCP

Man those anti war liberal propagandist never seem to amaze me with there slants.

QuoteThe military is in no danger of running out because it gets the overwhelming majority of its ammunition from a dedicated plant outside Kansas City. But police are at the mercy of commercial manufacturers.

So how is the war in Iraq effecting the amount of ammo there getting :doh2:

QuoteThe increasingly voracious demand for copper and lead overseas, especially in China, has also been a factor.

It is the soul factor along with rising construction some created by kitrina. This reporter obviously doesnt has not done much truthful investigating. Ammo military or commercial equals probably about a half of a percent of the copper and brass industry.

QuoteNone of the departments surveyed by the AP said they had pulled guns off the street, and many departments reported no problems buying ammunition.

By there on reporting there doesn't seem to be a problem.

QuoteIn Oklahoma City, for example, officers cannot qualify with AR-15 rifles because the department does not have enough .223-caliber ammunition — a round similar to that fired by the military's M-16 and M4 rifles. Last fall, an ammunition shortage forced the department to cancel qualification courses for several different guns.

You see here how they try and insinuate the shortage of .223 ammo is because the military shoots a similar round.  :doh2:

Here is my all time favorite statement

QuoteIn Phoenix, an order for .38-caliber rounds placed a year ago has yet to arrive, meaning no officer can currently qualify with a .38 Special revolver.

Seems they ordered them from Mexico because the local Bass pro and Walmart has enough 38 ammo they could qualify everyday of the week.

I am glad you brought this up it just shows how blind and easily led some people can be. An yeah there are probably people out there that read this stuff and really believe the ammo used in the war in Iraq and Afghanistan has allot of impact on our police officer's here only having just one bullet. :roflmao:

This whole article was to insinuate the war is going to cause our police forces to be not qualified or ready to help the citizens because of a lack of ammo caused by the war. :argh:

Has ammo prices gone up yes they have and so has everything made out of copper. Right after Kitrina copper prices doubled and it was hard to get copper here for a short time because it was being shipped south.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

weedwalker

If the cops were really in a pinch, I coulb probably help them out with some ammo. :roflmao:
About the only REAL shortage would be 7.62x39 ammo. Instead of selling it to us, they're shooting it at us.

CCP

Quote"Troops training for and fighting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are firing more than 1 billion bullets a year,

Our boys should be some good shooters thats something like 2,739,726 rounds everyday 365 days a year.

QuoteAbout the only REAL shortage would be 7.62x39 ammo. Instead of selling it to us, they're shooting it at us.

yeah but there cheating and using steel cases and steel cores instead of brass,copper and lead. :roflmao:

I bet those poor ole Al-Qaeda police forces do have a shortage of bullets since they seem to shoot at us alot.. :roflmao: :roflmao:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

kiyitec

Quote from: CCP on August 18, 2007, 09:35:43 PM

QuoteThe increasingly voracious demand for copper and lead overseas, especially in China, has also been a factor.

Yes, it's true, China has A voracious apatite for lead.  It seems they like to mix it into their paint and apply it to toys they send over here to us so 25 billion toys can be recalled.  jackasses. . .  ~KT
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

bushmaster

I just bought 200 rounds for my m4 today, believe me it didn't even put a dent in the shelf of 223's they had at Bass Pro. 

Also, My buddy who has served 4 tours in Iraq said the reason that the Infantry uses so much ammo is because of protocol.  If a unit receives any fire, they cover 360 degrees from 5 yards out to i cant remember and they light the place up.  If this is the case,  maybe the manner in which they're being trained is at fault.  Don't get me wrong, I love my country and I support the guys over in the big sandbox.  But as is  American culture, More MORE MORE.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

ohiobob

I just ordered a TON of Bullets (well ,maybe 1/2 a Ton) and Powder and I am looking for a TON of Powder and Primers
I am trying to get my Powder choices down to a few,,I LOVE that Varget Powder,,That Powder covers my 223,22-250 and my 30-06,,and MOST of my Pistol Loads and Shotgun Loads use 700X,,I got a FREE Lb of Winchester 231 but haven't tried that out yet,,I know it will work in my 40 S&W but I haven't checked to see if there is a W231 Load for 357 Mag yet
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???