• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

NO DINER

Started by Jimmie in Ky, January 11, 2011, 09:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I will call over there tomorrow and see what I can work out. We already have the whole place reserved on a group permit, and that may include use of the pavilion. I don't know, but I'll see what I can learn tomorrow. In any event I will drive over there sometime in the next week or so and see if I can get the dimensions of the pavilion so we will know what we need in the way of tarps.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

wked

I wonder about the meeting hall at the old Cherokee Park (I think that is the name of the place) in Aurora?  Not sure who has jurisdiction over that place now, but they have renovated the big building there? If it is state run, maybe the fees would not be as bad as if its private.

wked

Is there no open flame cookers allowed at the cabins?  Maybe not inside, but outside.  I'm talking about something like a coleman 2-burner camp stove.

coyote101

The cabins have small covered porches. Cooking on Coleman stoves out there is okay. They also have fire rings with grills, so cooking over wood or charcoal is okay there. I will be bringing a two burner coleman stove for the porch as well as a microwave and crock pot for inside. 

We had two stoves outside last year and an awning over the fire ring.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Jimmie in Ky

Pat, Rich and I ran around hte idea of setting up a windbreak at my cabin as well. That old fence row could come in pretty handy. It's a little more out of hte winds than hte pavilion is.  And with a couple of portable heaters it could work , depending on weather of course. And I am sure we could use the pavilion if nescescary with that blanket reservation. Just need to pony up  a few dollars to cover it that night.

And we need to settle on something for the future. I don't think the resteraunt will ever be available again at this time of year. To add the pavilion might be hte better idea , I don't know yet. I have no idea of how much more this thing is going to grow. We have already out stripped the campgrounds cabin capacity this time from what I am hearing. There are others asking about cabins now. How do we deal with the growth in hte future. Some things that will have to be discussed at some time.

Coleman stoves and such are allowed outside in the open. Fire rings are grills are provided at most if not all hte cabins. Jimmie

securpro

I have a carnival tent that has walls that are about 8ft high and 40ft long (I think) and I am using half of the roof right now for another project. The walls would make a good wind barrier and should cover a large portion of a shelter house but they are very heavy and I wont be there till Friday but I would be willing to meet up with some body if they want to take it(them) earlier, I live in Northern Ky and could meet up with someone in the area of cincinnatti or lexington. Just a thought
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

securpro

Easy they need to build more cabins :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Jimmie in Ky

If I remember the size right hte pavilion is about 30 by 40 feet. And it wouldn't be needed until saturday night anyway. That could cover one end and part of a side of hte pavilion. Jimmie

securpro

I'm thinking I've got enough wall to cover the entire pavillion, but I'll have to get it out this weekend check to be sure.. Hopefully I can find somebody to help me  :iroll: those things are to much for one person to handle  :biggrin:

securpro

KySongDog

I plan to hunt and BS.   Not work.   :nono:

Jimmie in Ky

Quote from: Semp on January 12, 2011, 07:06:19 PM
I plan to hunt and BS.   Not work.   :nono:

Consider yo se'f drafted  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

securpro

Ok so Friday nights dinner is on me and Bill (BillsCustomCalls) we are going to be fixing CHILI and TEN gallons of it, the only thing we dont have are foam cups or bowls and spoons and crackers/cheese if you like them.

For Saturday Night we are thinking of Burgoo (similar to vegetable soup with alot more meats)

Heres what we need:   Beef or Venison Roast     6 lbs
                                 Chicken                         6 lbs
                                 Pork                              6 lbs (I will supply)
                                 Mixed Vegetables            5 lbs (I will supply)
                                 Canned Tomatoes diced   5- 28oz cans
                                 Onions                          3 large
                                 KENTUCKY Bourbon         1- 5th
                                 Styrofoam Cups and Bowls
                                 Wild meat if you want (raccoon, groundhog ect.) NO Coyote !

securpro

Jimmie in Ky

Why not coyote, Ed should have at least two by then and with any spices at all who would know  :confused: Jimmie

securpro

Ya gotta point there Jimmie  :alscalls:

securpro

weedwalker

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on January 12, 2011, 07:32:19 PM
Why not coyote, Ed should have at least two by then and with any spices at all who would know  :confused: Jimmie

I got one on ice right now. You need it? :laf:

KySongDog

I got one that's been aging for two weeks.  Should just about be ready for the pot.   :eyebrownod:

Jimmie in Ky

:alscalls: :alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

Should I add some more  :alscalls:

golfertrout

might as well throw in some crow to

FinsnFur

:nono: I was enjoying what I was reading, all of a sudden I barfed :puke:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers