• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Summer coyote

Started by coyote101, August 26, 2018, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I don't usually hunt during the summer months because I don't like the heat and bugs, but Friday morning was supposed to be only on the 60's so I thought I'd give it a go.

I set my decoy out and then climbed on top of a round hay bale about fifty yards back from it along a fence line. I was overlooking a large rolling pasture and wood line. I did about thirty seconds of my best "something really hurts" on my Yotehntr open reed call and started scanning. Within a few seconds I spotted a coyote about two hundred yards away across the field. He paused for several seconds looking in my direction, but held up. I blew the call again for several seconds, and here he came on a run. I lost sight of him as he went down into a low area of the field, but I was pretty sure he would appear again not too far from my decoy. Sure enough, he came back into sight about sixty-five yards from me and stopped. I put a 55 grain V-max in his chest, and down he went. I stayed on the bale and called for another ten or twelve minutes, but had no other takers so I climbed down and called it a morning.

The coyote appeared about two hundred yards away on the high ground near the red arrow. He ran down the little hill into the low ground and reappeared about sixty-five yards out where the black arrow is. My decoy was about fifty yards out where that red circle is.

Here he is with my rifle, decoy and calls:

That little black Yotehntr call has been good to me.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

You couldnt hold out and it paid off :biggrin:
Nice Pat. Very nice :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

riverboss

Nice coyote Pat!
I usually wait till September the 1st to start hunting but we've had some cool morning for the past 2 weeks.
55 deg one morning, so I've been out some myself.

This week the heat is coming back👹 I can't wait till it's gone for good.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

pitw

Good job Pat. :highclap:
I always enjoy how they disappear to reappear. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Looks like a good time and MUCH better temps than around here today.

Jerry

KySongDog

JohnP

That is a good looking sleek coyote.  Still in the high 80's low 90's plus monsoon season is upon us so we are staying indoors enjoying the AC. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Yotehntr

Nice job Pat!   :highclap: I’ve been hunting some lately myself. My dogs owner isn’t crazy about the heat either but they don’t mind to much.  :wink:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: