• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My brothers first deer and my third

Started by code, September 06, 2012, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

code

Animal Killed: Female Colombian black-tailed deer.
Hunter: Jonathan.
Age of hunter: 13 years old.
Date: September 3rd, 2012
Estimated Time: 8:15:00 Am
Cause of death: Bottom of heart separated from top.
Weapon used: Bear Encounter Shooting Easton bloodline arrows tipped with razor sharp Cabala's FX3 Broad-heads.
Range of shot: 20yds.
Distance run before expiring: 40yds.
On the hoof weight: 120 Lbs.
Boned out meat weight: 45lbs.

Animal Killed: Female Colombian black-tailed deer.
Hunter: Cody
Age of hunter: 15 years old.
Date: September 3rd, 2012
Estimated Time: 8:15:10 Am
Cause of death: One and one quarter inch hole through both lungs.
Weapon used: PSE Spirit Shooting Cabelas stalker extreme arrows tipped with razor sharp 100Gr. Muzzy mx3s.
Range of shot: 25yds.
Distance run before expiring: 35yds.
On the hoof weight: 140 Lbs.
Boned out meat weight: 55lbs.

Total time shooting and loading into van: 15 minutes.

Would you recommend this to a friend?    Heck Yeah!!!!!

Thanks for reading Cody,

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

code

I am hoping Okanagan can post some pics cause photo bucket will not work for me. :madd: :madd:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

code

Please don't block the faces either. Thanks Cody.

Okanagan

A double with bows is special.  So are your grins!

FinsnFur

15 minutes shooting time :bowingsmilie:
You boys done good...I love the coloring on those deer too.

Got elk? :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

code

Dave

THat's awesome, guys!  Congrats to you both on some fine shooting, too.  Taking out the lungs and heart at 20 and 25 yds tells me how you spent some of your summer vacation.   :highclap:

Hidehunter

Nice shooting guys!!!  Congrats!!  I really like your 'Cause of Death' on the report lol.  Thanks for sharing guys.
Denver                                           

riverboss

Todd Rahm

Shoot, thats super!! I nice job fellas and thanks for sharing Cody.

Carolina Coyote

Good job well done by you guys .  :highclap:  :congrats: cc

Spike

Nice shooting. Did you gut those deer yourself or did you have some help with it? Never seen a black tail before and Congrats Johnathon on your first deer.  :thumb2: :highclap:

Okanagan

Quote from: Spike on September 07, 2012, 08:38:15 PM
Nice shooting. Did you gut those deer yourself or did you have some help with it? Never seen a black tail before and Congrats Johnathon on your first deer.  :thumb2: :highclap:

Hi Spike, Cody and his brothers are on a long hike for several days in the mountains with their Dad.

I'm curious also but suspect that each man gutted and skinned his own deer.  Cody has done a few and their Dad would probably have them take care of their own deer though he would show them a bit.

Okanagan

Cody is out of here for a few days so I will fill in more details of what I heard about their double on deer. 

Deer have been a nuisance at a rural airport and homes near it, and through an acquaintance my two grandsons got an invitation to hunt there on the third day of the archery season.  Seven bow hunters had killed one deer at that point.

Cody spotted a deer as soon as their Dad drove them to where they wanted to start hunting.  He had used summer work money to buy a range finder so he ranged it and both boys sneaked closer.  At 20 yards he ranged it again and signaled to his younger brother to take the shot.

Just then Jonathan saw another deer to one side and pointed to it before he drew.  Jonathan shot the first deer through the heart at 20 yards.  Then Cody shot the second deer through both lungs at 25 yards.

Hidehunter

Sweet!!  That worked out perfectly!!   :yoyo:  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

Dave

Here's the quote of the day:

"Never send seven men to do the job of a child!"

Great job, boys! I LOVE the story.

KySongDog

Congratulations to Cody and Jonathan!   Nice shots!    :yoyo:

That old saying has proven true once again.....  "Timing is everything."     :congrats:

shaddragger

:yoyo: :highclap: Congratulations gentlemen, excellent shooting!!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

code

Quote from: Spike on September 07, 2012, 08:38:15 PM

I gutted mine entirely on my own and my brother did his with a little help.