• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Powerful Image / devotion

Started by FinsnFur, August 30, 2011, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Seen this on NBC Dateline news tonight, and while I got little lump in my throat looking at it and listening to Brian Williams explain it....it was nothing compared to reading the article.

Powerful stuff.

The heartbreaking image of loyal Labrador Hawkeye lying forlornly in front of the coffin of Jon Tumlinson, 35, has made its way around the world since it was posted on Facebook by Tumlinson's cousin.

Petty Officer Tumlinson was one of 38 killed when his helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan early this month.

"I took this picture and that was my view throughout the entire funeral. I couldn't not take a picture," Lisa Tumilson told US television network ABC News.

"It took several attempts since every time I wasn't crying and could focus on taking it, there was a SEAL at the microphone and I didn't want to take a picture with them for security and respect reasons. Our family is devastated to say the least."

Hawkeye led his family down the aisle into the funeral service in Rockford, Iowa, and followed his friend Scott Nichols as he rose to deliver a eulogy, television network MSNBC reported.
The dog then heaved a sigh and dropped down on the ground in front of Petty Officer Tumilson's casket as the speech started and more than about 1500 mourners watched on.

Petty Officer Tumlinson was one of 38 killed when his helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan early this month.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I hadn't seen this.  Thanks for posting it Jim.

Jerry

slagmaker

Saw the video of this and was brought to tears after I cleared the lump in my throat
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

securpro

:sad2: Yep thatl put a lump in the throat, Awsome pic Thanks Jim
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Todd Rahm

I really liked that story Jim. You oughta find the pic of him and his dog together, its kinda touching.

A sad loss indeed.

FinsnFur

Good idea Todd.
I just added their picture to the original post.
Boy...that made it even tougher to look at. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

shaddragger

The title says it all about this story, Powerful Devotion.
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Bopeye

Just saw this.......and words can't express.  :sad:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

George Ackley

I seen this photo and its to hard to look at without getting choked up
I  lost a very good friend that day also Michael Strange , the best of the best. true men these guys were !Heroes to the end.

we have a large base ball turnment each year , witch we just had and his father threw the first pitch

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Softball_Game_Honors_Fallen_Hero_Philadelphia-127643758.html
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump