• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mt. Baker sunrises as days lengthen

Started by Okanagan, January 10, 2016, 11:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

First photo below taken Jan. 2, 2015.   

Photo below taken January 9, 2015. The sunrise point has moved left, northward, since January 2.  By June it will be way to the left, maybe 30 degrees of horizon circle to the left. 
The skinny cloud is the only visible part of a jet contrail that lasted.  Apparently the temperature and conditions over the mountain kept that segment of the contrail from evaporating and it lasted a long time. There must have been no wind and very still air over the mountain that morning, which is unusual.

This morning, Jan 10.   The mountain blocks the sun and throws a shadow against the clouds right behind the peak from the rising sun. 

Hawks Feather

Nice images and it is pretty neat that you have a set reference point to shoot from so you can see the changes.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 10, 2016, 12:07:33 PM
Nice images and it is pretty neat that you have a set reference point to shoot from so you can see the changes.

Jerry

Yep, all taken from exactly the same spot-- camera wedged against the window frame with our dining room window open.  I used to go out on the deck to take pics but a couple of winters ago locked myself out in about 15 degrees F while wearing T-shirt and sweat pants.  I nearly froze while throwing snowballs against the bedroom window before my wife woke up.  I take pics from inside now on cold mornings.   :biggrin:

Carolina Coyote

Wow what a view to get up to every morning. cc

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on January 10, 2016, 09:55:56 PM
  I used to go out on the deck to take pics but a couple of winters ago locked myself out in about 15 degrees F while wearing T-shirt and sweat pants.  I nearly froze while throwing snowballs against the bedroom window before my wife woke up.  I take pics from inside now on cold mornings.   :biggrin:

:alscalls: Thats not funny :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Okanagan

January 15, 2016.  Moving left, marching around the horizon to the north more every day.

Coulter

That's pretty neat to watch Clyde. Have you ever tried one of those time lapse scenarios on a large scale...say 30 days? That would probably be quite the undertaking...I'm not even sure if that's possible is it?  :wo:

Steve

Okanagan

Quote from: Coulter on January 15, 2016, 07:22:42 PM
That's pretty neat to watch Clyde. Have you ever tried one of those time lapse scenarios on a large scale...say 30 days? That would probably be quite the undertaking...I'm not even sure if that's possible is it?  :wo:

Steve

Steve, that's beyond my ability and equipment.  This morning, March 18, was clear and I got another sunrise, shown below.  The sunrise position today is not quite halfway from its farthest south rising (to the right) to its farthest north rising on June 21.