• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Military style rifle match...............July 3rd (Match program added)

Started by WldWldWest, June 10, 2010, 10:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

More info later! DCSC Is hosting a rifle match on July 3rd!

Anything Military can compete Both antique and current from AR's, AK's, M1A's, Mauser's, Sniper rifles,
Kid's welcome, There will be something for everbody! Food and drink's

Very low key Competition!
Camp Perry we Aint :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Very safe enviroment. Match will be run by a NRA quilafied Range Officer

200yd Max on targets both Steel and paper.

Open sights and Optic classes.

More info to follow!

Doug

SAVE THE DATE!    Lunch following match.

HIGH WATER MARK MATCH

Date:  July 3, 2010.  

Eligibility:  DCSC members and guests.

Entry fee:  adults - $20;  juniors - free

Entries:  range capacity is ? competitors [total] firing in ? relays of ? competitors each.

Rules:  Unless modified by this program, current NRA rules will apply.  Open bolt indicators are required (Rule 3.21).  All competitors and spectators will wear eye and ear protection (Rules 3.19 & 3.20).  Competitors will score, and assist the Statistical Officer and Range Safety Officers as required.  The use of plug type scoring gauges is restricted to the Statistical Officer only.

Rifle:  Any former or current military or service rifle, either U.S. or foreign (Rule 3.1, 3.1.1, or 3.1.2).

Ammunition:  Any safe ammunition (Rule 3.17.B); no tracers.  

Challenges:  A $3.00 fee in exact change must accompany any challenge.  The fee will be refunded if the challenge is upheld.

Match Schedule:  Firing will commence at 8:30 am.  

Match 1 - 100 yards; slow fire, prone with sling; two sighters and five shots for record in 10 minutes.  SR-1 target.
Match 2 - 100 yards; slow fire, prone with bipod; two sighters and five shots for record in 10 minutes.  SR-1 target.
Match 3 - 100 yards; slow fire sitting/kneeling; two sighters and five shots for record in 10 minutes.  SR-1 target.
Match 4 - 100 yards; slow fire, standing [no sling]; two sighters and five shots for record in 15 minutes.  SR-1 target.
Match 5 - 200 yards;  slow fire, prone with sling; two sighters and five shots for record in 10 minutes.  CMP target.
Match 6 - 200 yards; slow fire, prone with bipod; two sighters and five shots for record in 10 minutes.  CMP target.
Match 7 - 200 yards; slow fire sitting/kneeling; two sighters and five shots for record in 10 minutes.  CMP target.
Match 8 - 200 yards; slow fire, standing [no sling]; two sighters and five shots for record in 15 minutes.  CMP target.
Match 9 - Aggregate of matches 1-8.

Total record shots:  40.

Awards:  Trophies for first, second and third place in the overall aggregate match.

Match Director:  Doug West

Stat Officers and Challenge Committee:  Coach Mary Harvey, Coach Anne Turner

Range Saftey Officer: TBA
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

WldWldWest

Slow down Guy's! Dont eveyone try respond all at once, Yall gonna overload the system..........Sheeesh! :argh:

!

Bopeye

Hey Doug, I apologize man, I just saw this. Where is this little shin dig taking place? I must be overlooking it.  :shrug: :wink:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

WldWldWest

Hey Bop! It was held here in Nashville at the Davidson County Sportsman Club.

I actually pulled off a win today! I won 3 of the 8 stages and scored high enough to win the overall aggregate match. I won the Bi-pod stages at both 100 and 200 yds(Perfect score's 5x's each! Actually 7 each cause we allowed 2 sighter's per stage but only 5 shot's scored) and the standing with sling at 200yds. My overall score was 342 out of 400. I wasnt impressed with my shooting today but it was good enough to win!

I'll post pic's when I can.

Were trying to hold a match of some sort every month. Not sure what next month will be....Maybe pistol's? Not sure yet.

Come and play!

!

KySongDog

Glad to hear you did good today, Doug!     :congrats:  

I shot an IDPA match yesterday.   And didn't do too bad given it was the first one I've shot for over a year due to the shoulder surgery last year.   It was a lot of fun.    :eyebrownod:

HaMeR

Congratulations Doug!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Too bad we don't hunt paper coyotes.  :innocentwhistle:

:alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

Quote from: HaMeR on July 04, 2010, 07:15:56 AM
Congratulations Doug!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Too bad we don't hunt paper coyotes.  :innocentwhistle:

:alscalls: :alscalls:

Ya know HaMaR.......If you lived close by I could get that smarta$$ness outta you pretty quickly :rolleye:

!

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

Quote from: Semp on July 04, 2010, 02:48:15 AM
Glad to hear you did good today, Doug!     :congrats:  

I shot an IDPA match yesterday.   And didn't do too bad given it was the first one I've shot for over a year due to the shoulder surgery last year.   It was a lot of fun.    :eyebrownod:

Glad to see your getting back in the game Semp! Young son is itching for us to go shoot some IDPA matches......I'm dragging my feet as I dont know if I can stand another hobby!

!