Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Lot of uneducated people speaking there uneducated minds in the comments following the video.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

That guy is nuckin futs!    :laf:

FinsnFur

HE LIVES!!
Where you been hiding Semp? Predator Masters?  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

I have not had much time lately so I had to pull back from all the forums. 

I did find time to turkey hunt though.  :biggrin: I tagged out with my second bird this morning.  Last year I ate tag soup. This year I had better luck.

FinsnFur

Aaaaand you forgot your camera? :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

Hey Johny great to hear your still kicking! Sounds like the turkey gods were good to you

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 30, 2015, 10:38:04 PM
Aaaaand you forgot your camera? :wink:

I had my cell phone with me.   This was the first one on April 24.  He was a long way off on the opposite ridge and I almost didn't take the shot.  But he wasn't getting any closer and those new Win XR long beard shells throw a great pattern so...... BOOM!  :laf:  1 inch spurs and 9 1/2 inch beard.

Yesterday's bird gobbled his head off for 30-45 minutes before thunder struck.   I moved on him two or three times to get closer and make him think a hen was coming his way.  He finally came up hill along an old logging road and I saw him at 35 steps.  1 inch spurs and 10 1/4 beard.

I guesstimate both birds at 2 years old, maybe three.   I didn't weigh them but they felt like 50 lbs each by the time I made the long hike back to the truck.   I'm starting to feel my age me thinks.  :laf:

Okanagan

Good story and pics!  Good for you.  Would love to hunt those things some day.  You have amazing-to-me skill and patience and know how to coax one into shotgun range and make the kill.

Since this is a caring and sensitive safe community, I will admit (again?) that I have a craving to shoot the head off of a wild turkey from way across a field with my tack driving 6mm rifle.  I know that such craving is a western disease with abhorrent symptoms that devolve into shooting grouse and ptarmigan with a .22.

Hello, my name is Okanagan and I am a rifleholic...

coyote101

Way to go Johnny!  :yoyo: I like the looks of your shootin' iron.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

gravesco hunter

Very nice  birds glad to see some birds on the ground

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on May 01, 2015, 09:39:43 AM
Hello, my name is Okanagan and I am a rifleholic...

:alscalls:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome job on both birds Johnny :congrats: You bet. Thanks for sharing it. Good to have ya back ya ole codger.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

:bowingsmilie:.....what were you using for calling?

gravesco hunter

I would say if the spurs were 1 inch sharp they were 3 yr old

Hawks Feather

Glad to see that you are getting out and getting birds.  I have gotten pretty good at getting ButterBall turkeys.  They are really easy to clean and there is no shot in them.  Maybe they were head shot with a rifle...   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry