• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Yesterdays Red

Started by nailbender, December 18, 2008, 08:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

Quick pic for ya.  Spotted this fox in the midle of a section . Watch for 15 min. waiting for it to lay down. It finally curled up in the fencerow for its afternoon nap.  I left for an hour and came back to stalk within 40 yds. for the shot. Little bugger never knew what hit  him.  Unfortunately, thats his good side, underside was mangy. Too bad, really a nice red one.

pitw

Now that's patience  :bowingsmilie:  Good going on the fox and it is to bad about the mange but the hunt was good.  Thanks.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Nice picture (or at least this side).  My stalking skills are similar to an elephant in a china shop.  They always here me WAY before I am in range.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yeah looks nice from the pic.
We see them curled up along side fence rows and round bales up here quite often, the problem is there are so few of them that a lot of the farmers or ranchers tell us to leave them alone. :doh2:
They sure are a pretty critter.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Still quite a few around here.  Seen where one guy said he trapped over 100 last year in this county. I only take a few each year.  Can't seem to trap one to save my a! :laf:   Saw truck hunter tracks in that section the next day so his days were numbered.  Those guys drive thru and shoot everything that moves.   Usually out the window.

iahntr

Nice job  :yoyo:
I don't drive around and glass much anymore,
but I gotta admit its been awhile since I've seen a fox.
- and I hear ya about the truck hunters, there's usually
not a fence line, creek, or terrace, that's not driven through.
(don't get me wrong, not ALL bad. But I hear stories of
shootin into grass, fire crackers, and dragin log chains through waterways
to get em up and movin.  :rolleye:)
Scott