• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

$100!!! (SOLD!!!)

Started by Yotehntr, January 01, 2010, 09:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Here's one for the new year.  Thought I'd try to start it off with some flare.   I've thrown in some construction pics for entertainment.   This call is has a Honduran Rosewood barrel, the bead is from Hippo Ivory. (It is tennon fitted)  It is followed with one of my o-ring fitted Stabilized antler toneboards. I picked through my antler to find some with surface cracks to match the  Hippo tooth.  It is stabilized so no structural problems. Both pieces are carrying my CA finish inside and out, buffed and polished to a high gloss. The call is signed (Yotehntr) and dated (1-1-10) under the finish inside the barrel. (finished it late last night.  :wink:  )  I'm asking $100 TYD

Cutting the Ivory:

The Ivory is turned round and drilled...ready for the glue up!

...ok I'm to lazy to turn the rosewood round I cheat and cut it on the bandsaw 1st  :laf:

Tennon fit and glue up complete....oh yeah and the bead has been cut.

Cutting the air channel on the toneboard...(That's a liitle milling machine I'm doing that on)

Polishing the inside of the barrel....heck I want the inside to be pretty too!

Oh yeah.... here's the call!  The finish on the toneboard is as nice as on the barrel...it just always wash's out in the pics.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Coulter

That is awesome... I love the beads you put on your calls. Hippo Tooth! Thats a bit different...I love it :yoyo:

Steve

HaMeR

:doh2:  I gotta get a job!! Way nice Brad & nice pics.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Beautiful Brad. Unique and beautiful.

Where or how do you come up with the hippo chompers?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! It's actually a more dense ivory than elephant ivory(according to my .net reading LOL)

Jim I actually got some in a trade for several calls made with it.  Had a fella ask if I'd do a toneboard with warthog tusk told him I'd give it a shot.  Told him I was on a waiting list with Boone trading for some hippo tusk for my beads... he said "I have some...want to work out a trade"  I about fell out, I've been on that list for over a year wanting some.  It's very expensive and very hard to come by.  I'd run across some from another individual but the asking price for a small piece was to outrageous...heck I'd be to scared to touch it with a cutting tool! Lathe + Shake =    

Yotehntr

Well  I have got to tell ya'll something on this call.  Who did it probably won't surprise to many as we've gotten to know him. 

Barry (PITW) bought this call, he said it would mean more to him for everyone at the LBL to have a chance at it as a door prize!  

How cool is that!!!!  :bowingsmilie: My hat's off to ya Barry!

Hawks Feather

Yote,

That is one great looking call.

Barry,

More than necessary, but shows what kind of guy you are.

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 01, 2010, 11:22:54 AM
Yote,

but shows what kind of guy you are.

Jerry

If you mean totally ignorant, stupid, wife's gonna kill me kinda guy then even I agree with your statement  :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Congratulations on the grab & the thoughts behind it Barry!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

I can't wait to win that call!!!!!   :laf: :laf: 
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

:biggrin: (What beavers build to back up water), that's a purdy call and I know they sound good... I've heard the one Bop has.

(beavers again) Barry.... what Jerry said  X2 :thumb2:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Guys I can't build anything  :doh2: much less anything that anyone would want for coyote hunting.  All I am doing is evening the playing field for a chance at that call, remember I'm still in the running for it and I sure as [rather warm spot I'll end up in when I die] won't give it up if my name gets pulled. :readthis:

Todd Rahm

Man, I was gona stomp in the room and pout for missing out on a beautiful call, until I read Barry purchased for a great cause.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Barry your becoming quite the thorn in my side.  :eyebrow: (Joking)  :biggrin:

Brad, I don't think you make a call less then Class "A" perfect these days, and I still look foreword to adding one of those Hippos of yours.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Yotehntr

Quote from: Todd Rahm on January 01, 2010, 09:41:56 PM
Barry your becoming quite the thorn in my side.  :eyebrow: (Joking)  :biggrin:

Me too Todd!  Heck at 1st I was tickled about a quick sale...then I though  :confused:  Heck He can't give more of my calls at the LBL than me??  Day-umm Barry... I've got to get busy now!   :laf:   I can't decide should I give another real nice one or 2 or 3 "field grade" types....   any input?   I only have 5 wks!

edited to add:   Todd give that freakin rabbit the carrot and quit teasin him!!!

pitw

Quote from: Todd Rahm on January 01, 2010, 09:41:56 PMI still look foreword to adding one of those Hippos of yours.  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

YIPPEE. Todds coming to the LBL. :yoyo: :yoyo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Todd Rahm

I could buy 15 of those calls for what it would cost me to come to the LBL, and be a guaranteed a winner.  :biggrin:

Coulter

Todd if you come to the LBL so will I :innocentwhistle: I hadn't planned too, but it may be worth it for a shot at that call. :biggrin:

Steve

pitw

Quote from: Todd Rahm on January 02, 2010, 02:19:17 AM
I could buy 15 of those calls for what it would cost me to come to the LBL, and be a guaranteed a winner.  :biggrin:

Aye laddie :laf: but we both know it wouldn't be that call :nofgr:.

vvarmitr

Todd: You show up at the LBL & you'll be a winner to us more than 15 ways. :wink: :biggrin:

Beautiful call Brad! ;yes;

How considerate Barry of your friends here! :bowingsmilie: