• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

pic resizing?

Started by KySongDog, January 12, 2012, 03:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I notice that when I post a photobucket pic it seems to get resized smaller on the forum.   At least it looks that way.   On the ky hunting site the pic looks larger and has more detail.   Just wondering.  :wo:

KySongDog

Well, duh!   :doh2:    I just found out if I CLICK the picture it gets larger!    :doh2:   

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod:
And 90% of the forums on the web today resize the pics, even the Kentucky hunting forum. They just have it set to resize to a different size then us.

Not very many people realize, but raw pictures from a digital camera with a high resolution are generally incredibly large.
Look at the print size of a image using something like Photo Shop and straight from the camera and depending on your resolution and pixel dimensions, some of them are up to 2 feet wide. :doh2:

I seem to have this conversation several times a week with clients trying to send images to me for their sites too. They cant figure out why their email times out. :laf: They dont realize that three of those pictures unsized and straight from their camera is almost like trying to email Windows95 to someone. :alscalls:

Therefore if there wasnt a script on the servers to resize the images for those that refuse to before posting them, it would be a real pain to try and read the forums. The pics would have the template so blown out and spread the scroll bars would be microscopic.
And we still dont let them open to their FULL size for the same reasons.
Clickable examples below

I know, I know....more information then you wanted :sneer: :biggrin:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com