• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A couple more stands...a couple more dogs

Started by Arkyyoter, October 12, 2006, 08:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

OC and I made a couple stands this evening......the first one looked so good, but was dry.....We drove over to another place I knew and as we got out of the truck I spotted a "Bonus" yote about 150 yards out in the field, he was traveling in a trot....I dropped to my belly and barked....he stopped and ate a 75 VMax for his troubles.....We left there and drove to another place right before dark....OC set up in the edge of a large field facing westerly.....I sat about 15 yards north of OC facing North easterly.......I started in with the Demon....about 15 minutes into the stand I look over and OC has repositioned his rifle looking down a fence row....he signals he has seen one yote and it broke back north...it was trying to circle and get down wind. As I looked back I see it standing over a little knoll about 60 or 70 yards out....I slowly repositioned my rifle and gave him a Vmax center chest....he was DRT. I knew when I shot he was very big and very pretty....when I got to him it ws evident why....he is a gorgeaous dog...even had a white tipped tail....I suspect he will weigh about 35 lbs....his fur was prime already and he dwarfed the other dog.....These dogs were killed about 1 to 1 1/2 miles apart...took a pic of them together....they don't even look like the same species...

Here was where we were going to set up for the second stand..

Here is me and the dog..

OC and the dog..

Here is the second dog...

OC and second dog..

A pic of his tail...

The next two pics are of both dogs together for reference....

Thanks for reading our story....

Joe

Bob D

Arky,
That is amazing the difference in those two coyotes. Hard to explain that. Good story and another great hunt. Man you are bad to the bone on those coyotes. :congrats:
Bob

FinsnFur

Aren't those the same ones you posted last November over on PM?  :holdon:

Eeeeeeeeeaaaasy there. I'm kidding  :wink:

Nice Job. Are ya saving any for seed?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

Nope Jim....SHHHHH, they are road kill!!!

Joe

slagmaker

You keep it up and there wont be any left any where near you.....LOL Good job on the dogs
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

keekee

Nice coyotes Joe! Keep pooring it on them!

Brent

Dogwood Creek

That second coyote is a beauty. I'm afraid it would have to go to the taxidermist if it was mine. Odd how they fur up differently and only be a couple miles apart.  You da man buddy,R.J.