• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

One more this evening.....over 300 yards again!!

Started by Arkyyoter, October 23, 2006, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Jim and I went back out this afternoon....set up with  VERY stiff west wind.....had a pretty blode yote coming at a run from about 250 yards out....came up on Jim's side...he couldn't stop it....barked, barked again...nadda....when it finally stopped it had got downwind, all Jim could see was it's head at about 150-160 yards... yote winded us and quickly dropped over the little knoll....BUSTED!!

Next was another Bonus Yote.....same field as the one this morning...almost the same place.....took a decent rest and squeezed one off at just a litle over 300 yards....again the little 75 grain Vmax from my .243 homed in and connected....2 in one day over 300 yards.....

Didn't have the camera this evening, so had to bring it home for my wife to take a pic....she REALLY hates that :D :duh:

Joe

Bob D

Joe,
Congrats-------again! Did you range the coyote before you shot or just guestimate the distance? Which ever way you did it dang sure works well for you. You are a very good shot. Now how about some tips on shooting ( long range of course) for the rest of the gang here? :yoyo:
Bob

Dogwood Creek

slagmaker

there cant be any yotes lef tin that part of your state!! Good job, hope I have as much luck this weekend..
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

She doesn't like taking pictures for you.....for us?
I'll tell you how to break her of that  :eyebrow:...tell her gonna take her picture and post it for us.  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Joe,
Don't feel bad, my wife is the same way. She hates to take pictures of coyotes. :madd:
Bob

Hawks Feather

Joe,

The only thing I can think of for you to do (to give the coyotes a chance) is to move back to 400 yards from now on.  If you see on closer than that, just get up and walk away till you are at least 400 yards away and then you can shoot.   :laf:   As for me, if the rifle is not on a bench you can count on them being pretty safe at 300 yards.

Jerry

Arkyyoter

It is pretty unusual for us to have those shots...most times our shots are not too long.....150-250 yards....we usually only get one or two shots a season at these distances......just  kind of weird today to have two the same day....I got a rest on a tree the first dog this morning,  and on a fence for the second dog this afternoon. Pretty lucky I think!!

Estimated the distance n the first yote...then after he was down, we used a laser range finder to the spot...the one this afternoon was 25-30 yards from the one this morning :)

Joe

keekee

Nice Joe! Poor it on them! Lokks like a nother good year down south! :eyebrownod:

Brent