• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

YUCK!!!

Started by Arkyyoter, November 10, 2006, 11:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Jim and I got out this morning for a couple stands......Jim called the first stand and called in a really nice sized dog........his brother-in-law ( me :( ) promptly missed it at about 150-175 yards.....it was standing there facing me, it had winded us and was getting hinky, I may have rushed it a little.....dunno but I missed :(

Then as we are driving to another stand....out in a pasture a little over 300 yards, stands this black one....I get out of the truck, lay down on my belly, hold on it's back bone and......down it goes :) we get up there to tit to find it is a pup and has the mange BAD!!! I am glad we killed it.....but it would someday have been beautiful ( if not for the mange)....it had white feet!! I have never killed one with white feet....4 of them!

That's two black ones I have shot this year, and both were mangy.....

Joe

FinsnFur

Ok  :confused: how come you guys got all the black ones down there? What's up with that?

Nice job none the less.....looks like you guys are still having your summer down there. It's snowing and raining here to beat hell.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

Our weather is freaked Jim....should be highs at 50 or so and lows about 30 - 35.....today it was 67 at 6:00 am and was over 80 before noon.....it's crazy.......

As to the black ones....that's freaky too.....I had only ever seen two as of last year, and we killed one of them....this year I have killed two already....but it may be a month of Sundays before I see another.....

Joe

fuzz624

And both black ones you killed had mange.Man that sucks.

vvarmitr

Hinky? :confused:
Hinky? :wo:
My dictionary goes from hinge joint to hinny w/ no hinky in between. :holdon: Is this a predator specific term? :huh:

Arkyyoter

LOL.....in actuality I suppose that is a law enforcement term......defined as, apprehensive, flighty, nervous, apt to run, spooked......

Joe

vvarmitr

Ooooooooooooh! Now I understand.  :biggrin:  I know exactly what you're talking about. :eyebrownod: