• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My deeeeeeeeeeeelima.

Started by Todd Rahm, October 09, 2006, 12:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Well heres my jam fellers.  The wife gave me the go ahead to buy a new truck...nothing to big have ya, but a truck.

I'd love to have a Toyota Tacoma, but they are a little spendy. They had a nice one on the lot with a lot of custom extras, but out of my price range.

My father retired from GM so I get a discount. I figured on a Chevy Colorado Crew Cabm Z71 loaded, except for leather(not my style) Well any way I planned on going down and ordering it, and after woords I was going to put a 3"-5" lift on it with maybe some TrXus 33's.

Well today she offered to let me have the 2002 suburban to do what I want with and she'd get a mid size SUV/Truck to here liking.

This I don't mind, but do ya think I would be better off with the truck or the suburban? Rest assured that suburban would get a lift, tires, and other added bonuses too.

SO help me out here..............I'm in a quandry.  :confused:

Jimmie in Ky

if Having the dough to buy her a new toy and modifying the burb is a problem, would you like to trade places :eyebrow:

I think the bigger problem is , would you wanna shove a moose in th back of the burb? :shck: Jimmie

Todd Rahm

Well Jimmie I don't have these kinds of problems often, matter fact this be the first one. Now that ya mention it there seems to be even a bigger deeeeeeeeeeelima here?

New truck funds could be a whole lot of predator calls.  :shck: Man it just got worse.  :madd:

Thanks Jimmie.  :wink:

Arkyyoter

Well....sounds like a good delimma to be in!!! Is the burb 4X4?? A medium sized utility trailer could cure the moose problem....It is great to have room for others and their gear, all in the dry.....but if you hunt alone or with one guy mostly, then maybe that isn't an issue...

I have a 2004 Chevrolet extended cab 4X4.....I love it!! It gets me near 20 mpg on the highway and about 15 around town/woods.......sounds like ya can't go wrong either way......if ya NEED a new vehicle :) Sometimes my wanter gets confused with my needer.......

Joe

Todd Rahm

I hear that  Wanter needer issue...................cause my needer is on the left shoulder saying "Ya, Ya, get that option, and that do hickey".  :hahaha: While the needer on the other shoulder says "Not only do you not need that option. You don't need to spend the freak'n money. Get yourself a bicycle with a basket"  :holdon: :nofgr: :biggrin:

The Burb as 4x4 by the way Joe, and in great shape.

FinsnFur

Trick out the suburban and be done with it.
You can get more gear in it and keep it under cover.
if you decide to go some where distant hunting, you can load it the night before without everything setting outside.
More room for you and your buddy and a cup of coffee on those cold blustery days. Todays pickups get a little cabin cramped.

I have had pickups all my life....got two now...and other then loving the fact that they got an 8' foot bed that never needs to be made...they just are real unpractical a lot of times.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

I was thunk'n that Jim, matter fact that plays more a part up here where ya drive 10 hours to hunt, and have a boat load of gear.

I'm leaning towards the way of trick'n out the burb.

straycat

I personaly would keep the suburban and let her get what she wants.You would have your own 'RV',keep your stuff dry and loads of room for gear and folks if ya want.Thats my plan when I can afford it,got an ext cab truck but at times not enough room. Plus you save money AND keep the little woman happy and that  my friend, is the best selling point.Good Luck,Joel
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Brad H

No quad...Suburban.

The Tacomas are nice though. I've been considering one of those as an option for next year myself.

Brad

Arkyyoter

OK.....a concensus then Todd....at least amongst the Hoi Poloi......pimp out the the Burb!!

Joe

ROOSTER

Put some of them hydro shocks on it like the kids put on their cars. Tie some feathers and rabbit furs to the mirrors and antenna. Then it could double as a huge decoy for the really big coyotes.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :yoyo:

Todd Rahm

Lol.......... :roflmao:   

Well Brad I agree on the Toyo's but man they are proud of those things and they won't even bicker.  :confused:

Thansk for the "Manly" supprt fellas...........so far its leaning to the Burb.