• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

How do I stop!!

Started by FinsnFur, May 12, 2012, 10:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Dave,
I hear you on reloading for other people, when I first got into reloading I thought it would be cool to reload for some friends but like you I soon learned better, not only the time and your expense but just to many things could go wrong and you could be liable, its a great way to learn more about shooting and in my opinion will make you a better shooter and you never stop learning but its something you have to enjoy doing yourself.
With all the Dies I can see in the pictures and you saying you have them stacked like cord wood makes me wonder just how many Guns does Dave have? I think reloading is addictive and you just can't have enough of the things you want, bullets, primers, powder, instrument to gage,measure, clean brass, weight, Dies, just to name a few things but saving money all the time!  :readthis:  :eyebrow: cc

Okanagan

Quote from: FOsteology on May 12, 2012, 12:58:09 PM
You're going to save a ton of $$ Jimbo!  :nono:

Would be fun in person to see if you could say that with a straight face!

Great line.

HuntnCarve

I hear you Carl.  This day and age with all the liability, etc...I finally just said "no" to any reloading for those that asked me to do it for them.  I'm all for showing them how to do it themselves as Doug pointed out. 
As for how many guns Dave has?  That's one of those bits of knowledge that could end up falling into the wifes hands. LOL!
I am glad Jimbo is saving money. :laf:  Maybe one day he will have saved as much as we all have? :innocentwhistle:

Dave

Carolina Coyote

As for how many guns Dave has?  That's one of those bits of knowledge that could end up falling into the wifes hands. LOL!

LOLOLOL I have a nephew up in Maryland and now when he wants to buy a new gun he tells his wife I think I will clean out the gun safe and sell a couple of guns but might buy one back.  :biggrin:
I am looking to buy a new gun in .223 and think it might be the Kimber Montana, you know anything about them?
Carl

FOsteology

I have a Kimber Montana .223

Light done right!  :biggrin:

I actually have it "squirreled away" for future grand kids. I had an extra Montana stock I cut the LOP down to 12". I'll probably toss a Leupold FX3 6x42mm Post & Duplex in Talley LW rings to keep it simple.

I'm still looking for the right (read "cheap") Kimber Classic .22LR so I can shorten the LOP.... again, for future grand kids.  :biggrin:

FOsteology

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on May 20, 2012, 05:14:03 PMI am looking to buy a new gun in .223 and think it might be the Kimber Montana

Congrats on your new Kimber Montana .223  :wink:

Carolina Coyote

Thanks Fos, looking forward to getting it and trying it out, Just hope it shoots like Kimber say they will , Seller tells me he bought it unfired and only run 10 rounds through it, if that is true it should be in good shape. cc

FOsteology

Lighten the trigger, bed the action (at least skim-bed the lug) and find out what load it prefers and it should make you smile.

CCP

CC get it in a Savage with acrutrigger and you want have to do any work to it. Of course the looks are a lot to be desired but the animals you hunt want care only the Animals you hunt with...

I tricked mine out a little so people dont make fun my the barrel nut.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on May 21, 2012, 05:09:18 PM
CC get it in a Savage with acrutrigger and you want have to do any work to it. Of course the looks are a lot to be desired but the animals you hunt want care only the Animals you hunt with...

I tricked mine out a little so people dont make fun my the barrel nut.

:laf: :laf: Who typed that out?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

CCP, Now that's one Hell of a barrel, What do you call that thing "The Rattler" .  :eyebrownod: cc