• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

West Virginia short line

Started by bambam, November 07, 2010, 06:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

Season opened yesterday here. Took my daughter turkey hunting and got home in time to put out 4 sets before dark. Had this purty little female waiting this morning.

caught her in a dirthole baited with half-rotten mackeral and a dab of backbreaker on the backing. Got 3 more sets out after church and wanted to put out more but we ran into a huge flock of turkeys so we backed out so we wouldn't run them out of the country. Hope deadeye can get one this week.

Todd Rahm

Congrats, looking forward to seeing more trapping pics.  :biggrin:

vvarmitr

WTG BB!

Sure appreciate your sharing that w/ us.  :biggrin:

bambam

Got another gray this morning, this one a male. Caught in a  dirthole using spicy chicken wings for bait and a homemade coyote lure a friend gave me on the backing. sorry the pic is blurry, didn't realize it till I got home.  :rolleye: :rolleye:

pitw

Don't you hate it when you ain't got RayElla along to shoot everything for you  :laugh2:.  Dang they are pretty and I'd almost trade you a moose hide for a chance to see one of them alive.  Would it bite or be passive if you picked it up :shrug:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

Quote from: pitw on November 10, 2010, 10:59:47 PM
  Don't you hate it when you ain't got RayElla along to shoot everything for you  :laugh2:.  Dang they are pretty and I'd almost trade you a moose hide for a chance to see one of them alive.  Would it bite or be passive if you picked it up :shrug:.

Come on down and I'll show you one. You can even pick it up, I'm sure they don't bite.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

pitw

Quote from: bambam on November 11, 2010, 02:27:21 PM
Quote from: pitw on November 10, 2010, 10:59:47 PM

Come on down and I'll show you one. You can even pick it up, I'm sure they don't bite.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

Got packed up and and am headed out  :innocentwhistle:.

Roundman

Pitw, you go to WV and you won't wanna go back to Canada. Don't believe all that purty mouth stuff though, that's in Alabama!

KySongDog

Pitw  --  when you get to West Virginia be sure to look up some folks named White in Boone county.    :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: Semp on November 11, 2010, 06:35:42 PM
Pitw  --  when you get to West Virginia be sure to look up some folks named White in Boone county.    :biggrin:

My kinda people are they Semp :shrug:.

FinsnFur

...just be sure to take your clogs :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: You guys are funny.  Got number 3 today. Prettiest one yet I think.  Same set as the last one. I think you could have picked this one up Barry. After it bounced around a few times, it sat there like a housecat.

FinsnFur

They sure are cool looking aint they :wink:
I appreciate ya sharing the pics with us...but If your going to keep getting these things in big numbers I'm going to have to get you set up with a new camera aint I? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I was thinking he needed to take someone with like I do that can run the dang thing :alscalls:.  Good one bammitybam and thanks for sharing as I've heard others say.  You think perhaps you could get your wife with the bobcat hairdoo to maybe hold and pet one for a pic :shrug:.

bambam

Quote from: pitw on November 12, 2010, 05:13:22 PM
  I was thinking he needed to take someone with like I do that can run the dang thing :alscalls:.  Good one bammitybam and thanks for sharing as I've heard others say.  You think perhaps you could get your wife with the bobcat hairdoo to maybe hold and pet one for a pic :shrug:.

Sorry guys, I hate those auto-focus cameras.  :argh: :argh: :argh:

She no longer has the bobcat hairdoo   :nono: :nono: and considering the fact that I'm still in the ram pasture from last week  :doh2: :doh2: , now might not be a good time to ask her to hold a live fox.  :nofgr: :nofgr:

bambam

caught a squirrel in a scent post set today. Can anyone explain to me why a squirrel would be attracted to bobcat urine ?  :shrug: :shrug: :confused: :confused:

My wife put the smack-down on a 10 pound grinner yesterday. The cat is happy he won't have to share his food anymore.  :laf: :laf:

centerfire_223

Cool pics, what part of WV are you in? My in laws live in WV, near Charleston and they have lots of grays on their farms.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

bambam

Quote from: centerfire_223 on November 14, 2010, 06:00:56 AM
Cool pics, what part of WV are you in? My in laws live in WV, near Charleston and they have lots of grays on their farms.

I'm in Pendleton County, about 3 1/2 hours from Charleston.

pitw

Quote from: bambam on November 14, 2010, 08:45:25 AM
I'm in Pendleton County, about 3 1/2 hours from Charleston.

About 4 1/2 steps in front of his wife :alscalls: :alscalls:.

Todd Rahm

Man thats a "honking" grinner too. Nice!!! :congrats: