• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

duck opener

Started by Silencer, October 11, 2009, 05:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Woke up to rain and fog, wondering how well the ducks would move.  Got on the river well before daylight, got me a new little head-lamp so I dont have to wade around out there in the dark lol.

After placing out the dekes it wasnt long before we could here the infamous woody whistle up river and down river.   Shooting time came and I called in a couple, I've read and heard "woodys dont come to calls"  if you ever hear someone say that they're full of shit or dont really hunt. 

We also did our traditional riverside lunch consisting of hot dogs, sausage and venison kielbasa.  I only burnt it a little bit.

We ended up with 8 ducks total, woodys and gwt's with 4 of us hunting, should of had a huge mixed bag but.....lmao you know how that goes, lots of shooting not many dropping  :roflmao:  ( there's a few woodys in there and the limit is 3 a piece, they're not all mine )  Cant believe the variety of ducks this year, even some mallards around already. 

young drake woodrow

couple hen woodys along with that drake

gwt hens and woody hen

total stack

I was so tired last night cleaning ducks on the deck but I still wished the day would never end.

Silencer

w/out a camera I couldnt get many dog pics but here's one..

here's a swamp that was littered with birds yesterday.

iahntr

Looks like a dang good time !! :yoyo: :congrats:
and even if that lunch was "a little burnt", I know
it tasted great eating it out there ! Stuff always
tastes better when you're eatin it while doin something
you love doin.
Scott
Scott

pitw

You sure seem to enjoy the birds Silencer :yoyo:.  I like it when you hunt cause I get to see birds I'd never see otherwise and I thank you for sharing.  You guys go right from work in the grease pit eh. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

CCP

Sounds like a nice opener Silencer. :yoyo: :yoyo:

I have been waiting patiently for duck season to open for you. I enjoy the duck pics and stories from you every year. :highclap:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

Alright VIC!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
I been waiting for this post! .......... :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Looks like a day well spent. :eyebrow:

Did the boys go with ya?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

Nice opening day Silencer.  Good luck the rest of the season.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Silencer

QuoteDid the boys go with ya?

Unfortunately no  :sad:   the youngest had bowling league, the middle boy had cross country, and my oldest was being punished for poor school grades ( mainly attitude about the poor school grades )  :pout:

The next Saturday ( in 2 weeks ) I make it out I'll have at least 2 of em.  *keeping my fingers crossed* 

Mallardsr

Great pics! As far as the kid thing in our house banning hunting is off limits. That punishes me, and I aint haven it. :readthis: :nofgr:

Silencer

Oh I know, it killed me too its all I thought about all day, I had a talk with him and every answer he gave was "I dont care" and the only punishment that would hopefully stick in his head was to stay home with his mother.   He's too big to blister his hind end, his 10 time bigger than me now lol.

alscalls

look at it this way Vic.....if he aint hunting he can find mischief......If hes hunting you can take his Gun and make him watch and listen to you the whole time...... :biggrin:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls