• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First couple of the season...

Started by Coulter, October 18, 2009, 08:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Finally managed to bag a couple yesterday. I Never fired a shot on opening day. Not because of a lack of birds, more due to me not wanting to shoot any hens on that particular day. I could have easily have downed a limit, but just didn't feel the need to do so. I lost a bird on my second hunt of the season to the cattail monster. It got dark quicker than we hoped and I never did find that bird in all of the lily pads and cattails.

Anyway, we put up our duck blind yesterday on Presque Isle and I went out for an evening hunt solo in another area. The results aren't stellar by any means, but I worked for these birds and had a fantastic time doing it. A hen woody and a young drake mallard. His head is just starting to turn green on top.

Steve

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

Nope, no dog Jim. A dog sure would have helped on the one I lost last week. I have a dog, but she just sniffs the ducks when I bring them home. She has turned out to be a big sissy family dog. She's still nice to have around though.

Steve

Silencer

Awesome job Steve !!  Seeing any divers yet ?  still kinda early for them but I've ready where some guys got some ringers already. 

LORDDAL

good job there Steve I would offer to let you borrow My Black Lab Kurgan but since he is afraid of water I doubt he would be of much use to you  :roflmao: :roflmao:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Coulter

We've seen a few bluebills so far Vic, not really a good huntable number yet though. Of course the coots are starting to pile in. And we actually saw a flock of 5 brant the day we put up our blind. I wouldn't imagine they will be sticking around long though. Thats the first time I've seen them this far inland.

Charlie...sounds like your dog is about as useless as my dog. My lab doesn't like the water either :doh2:

Steve

LORDDAL

well Steve that just seems to me then that our dogs must be related hope you get some more birds I am lookin forward to next weekend when I get to break out the Turkey calls I got from you and put em to use again for somethin other than drivin the wife Batty  :roflmao:

Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Todd Rahm

Ya show off.  :biggrin: Some nicely colored fowl ya have laid out there.  :congrats: