• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Gittin the itch

Started by FinsnFur, March 03, 2024, 10:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I stopped canoe fishing the Connecticut River when I saw a Northern Pike go by with a cow in its mouth :innocentwhistle: 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

FinsnFur

:alscalls:  :alscalls: Were gonna need pics
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Nasty will be the newest member of Swamp People or Tall Tales.  :innocentwhistle:

bigben

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 07, 2024, 06:26:32 PM
Quote from: bigben on March 07, 2024, 06:20:31 AMthey fish flys all the time on the susquehanna.  which is a mile or more wide at its widest point but of course not that deep  very shallow running.  id be hard to understand how to fish the mississippi after fishing the wide shallow runners we have in pa.

Thats me on a lake Ben. I know the Mississippi, where the fish go and what structure they want. Fished it my whole life. Put me on a lake and I am absolutely lost. :confused:
In fact a couple years ago when the Mississippi was a disaster from floods, I took the Kayak and road tripped to several state inland lakes during our 4th of July shut down.
NEVER caught a fish. Didnt know what to use, where to go, or how to work it.

Lakes for me are hit and miss.  Definitely seems like rivers are easier to fish as the good spots are easier to find.  one lake I fish alot has steep walls to it.  and the fish like to setup deep when summer rolls around.  Or they go into the grass edges.  It seems most lakes get a lot of bait/food hard to fish when the buffet line is there.  I tend to do better useing baits that entice strikes.  if theres alot of boat traffic I will throw a zman craw up in the rocks after they come past and wake the shore.  if I see bait balls surfacing I use a fluke or a whopper plopper or a even a big silver spoon.  but in the long run if I fish it 10 times 2 of them times will be decent.  the other 8 is a struggle suckfest.  if that happens I pick up my ultralight and fish for perch or crappie.   
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

My favorite kind of fishing is right in the Brooks out in the woods. Usually about 2 to 5 feet across and easy to narrow down the fish locations when pursuing the King of Gamefish the Eastern Brook Trout🐟🐟